• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on Finamore dress shirts

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Here are pics of my first batch of 6 shirts. Collar, shoulder and torso were consistently spot on, although sleeve length varied a bit and Andrea will tweak. Tons of handwork everywhere. Another plus: MTM allows you to get nice, thick buttons as opposed to what you find on their RTW. I've left Borrelli MTM for good...

underside of the shoulder

Great shirt,worth a repost. How much is Finamore MTM?

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the patterns and colors of the shirts but I mostly only wear french cuffs so unless they were I would not wear them.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
I like the patterns and colors of the shirts but I mostly only wear french cuffs so unless they were I would not wear them.

Good for you.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover

The shirts are all MTM from finamore. If you want them made with french cuffs, you just tell them to make them with french cuffs.

-LR

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Finamore are the best shirts. I love them. By the way the blue solid shirt is Eduardo collar?

I can´t say the same about his owner that refused to do shirts for me.

I even sent him a remember email last week, six months later his " come to naples " answer and no answer this time ( and won´t be )

Awful service. And I even offered him a show on one of the best shops in my country owned by a friend of mine who has shows by tailors of famous brands ( and high prices as 3800 for a mtm Armani black label )

As a businessman, I can´t believe this things happens on any bussiness.

I went Barba.

Still salty?

What did you say to him that got him pissed off anyway?

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Here are pics of my first batch of 6 shirts. Collar, shoulder and torso were consistently spot on, although sleeve length varied a bit and Andrea will tweak. Tons of handwork everywhere. Another plus: MTM allows you to get nice, thick buttons as opposed to what you find on their RTW. I've left Borrelli MTM for good...

underside of the shoulder

Beautiful shirts. I hope you enjoy them. Did you ever meet with anyone from Finamore in the US or do you live in Europe? Thanks.

-LR

beerbudget

Reaction score
I purchased one Finamore black label shirt a few year's back. Unfortunately i have found the quality to be very ordinary, definitely a few notches below Borrelli (although Finamore are less expensive). The cotton is inferior, buttons have fallen off. Not a very good shirt for the money. While i realise it's only the one shirt and may not be indicitive it makes it very hard to justify purchasing any more.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Still salty? What did you say to him that got him pissed off anyway?
Yes I am still salty ( never heard that before, must mean bitter ) I don´t know, I sent him several questions about shirtmaking and a link of robb whatever where it said that he was doing the shirts for the english maker Turnbull. He told me to come to Naples, that is an unacceptable answer . It never happened before but on girls, honest ( refuse I mean ) He must be a narcisist , that is the one reason. Do you agree? I went Barba and Delsiena mtm and got in my mail tons of swatches .

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting experience. I wonder what their reasoning was for treating you poorly.

-LR

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
Interesting experience. I wonder what their reasoning was for treating you poorly.

-LR

I don´t know but would like to know, what do you people suggest?
eh.gif

jsqfunk

Reaction score
eh.gif

Sometimes things get lost in translation. If you really want a Finamore shirt go through a store not direct.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsqfunk
Sometimes things get lost in translation. If you really want a Finamore shirt go through a store not direct.

There are none in my country, I wish it was as easy. Never lost any envelope ...

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
eh.gif

You really need to get over this.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
You really need to get over this.

I can´t I am kinda obssessive compulsive.
frown.gif
I need always to know why, as a kid.
confused.gif

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can´t I am kinda obssessive compulsive.
frown.gif
I need always to know why, as a kid.
confused.gif

Try Calling them. Are you still interested in buying shirts from them, or is it just that you're still curious about why they ignored your emails.

-LR

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads