1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Finamore dress shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sho'nuff, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

[​IMG] ^ Thanks for sharing pics!

2. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

Finamore are the best shirts. I love them. By the way the blue solid shirt is Eduardo collar?

I can´t say the same about his owner that refused to do shirts for me.

I even sent him a remember email last week, six months later his " come to naples " answer and no answer this time ( and won´t be )

Awful service. And I even offered him a show on one of the best shops in my country owned by a friend of mine who has shows by tailors of famous brands ( and high prices as 3800 for a mtm Armani black label )

As a businessman, I can´t believe this things happens on any bussiness.

I went Barba.

3. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

Here are pics of my first batch of 6 shirts.

They look great! Nice colours and collars.

I wonder if the angled corner of the collar band is a sign of them being MTM. The RTW Finamores I have and the other RTW ones pictured in this thread all have a rounded corner on the collar band.

Did you specify the amount of tie space?

4. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

They look great! Nice colours and collars.

Did you specify the amount of tie space?

Thank you. I didn't specify the amount of tie space; I went with one of their higher collar options (can't recall the model name).

5. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

Ah, ok. It seems quite possible that the shape of the corner on the collar band is due to it being higher than what they normally use on the RTW.

I received a white linen Finamore today, but I think it's going back as it's more cream than white and the collar feels a little too low [​IMG]

6. forex

forex Senior member

Here are pics of my first batch of 6 shirts. Collar, shoulder and torso were consistently spot on, although sleeve length varied a bit and Andrea will tweak. Tons of handwork everywhere. Another plus: MTM allows you to get nice, thick buttons as opposed to what you find on their RTW. I've left Borrelli MTM for good...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

underside of the shoulder
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great shirt,worth a repost. How much is Finamore MTM?

7. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

I like the patterns and colors of the shirts but I mostly only wear french cuffs so unless they were I would not wear them.

8. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I like the patterns and colors of the shirts but I mostly only wear french cuffs so unless they were I would not wear them.

Good for you.

9. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

The shirts are all MTM from finamore. If you want them made with french cuffs, you just tell them to make them with french cuffs.

-LR

10. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

Finamore are the best shirts. I love them. By the way the blue solid shirt is Eduardo collar?

I can´t say the same about his owner that refused to do shirts for me.

I even sent him a remember email last week, six months later his " come to naples " answer and no answer this time ( and won´t be )

Awful service. And I even offered him a show on one of the best shops in my country owned by a friend of mine who has shows by tailors of famous brands ( and high prices as 3800 for a mtm Armani black label )

As a businessman, I can´t believe this things happens on any bussiness.

I went Barba.

Still salty?

What did you say to him that got him pissed off anyway?

11. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

Here are pics of my first batch of 6 shirts. Collar, shoulder and torso were consistently spot on, although sleeve length varied a bit and Andrea will tweak. Tons of handwork everywhere. Another plus: MTM allows you to get nice, thick buttons as opposed to what you find on their RTW. I've left Borrelli MTM for good...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

underside of the shoulder
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beautiful shirts. I hope you enjoy them. Did you ever meet with anyone from Finamore in the US or do you live in Europe? Thanks.

-LR

12. beerbudget

beerbudget Well-Known Member

I purchased one Finamore black label shirt a few year's back. Unfortunately i have found the quality to be very ordinary, definitely a few notches below Borrelli (although Finamore are less expensive). The cotton is inferior, buttons have fallen off. Not a very good shirt for the money. While i realise it's only the one shirt and may not be indicitive it makes it very hard to justify purchasing any more.

13. SpallaCamiccia

Still salty? What did you say to him that got him pissed off anyway?
    Yes I am still salty ( never heard that before, must mean bitter ) I don´t know, I sent him several questions about shirtmaking and a link of robb whatever where it said that he was doing the shirts for the english maker Turnbull. He told me to come to Naples, that is an unacceptable answer . It never happened before but on girls, honest ( refuse I mean ) He must be a narcisist , that is the one reason. Do you agree? I went Barba and Delsiena mtm and got in my mail tons of swatches .

14. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

Interesting experience. I wonder what their reasoning was for treating you poorly.

-LR

15. SpallaCamiccia

Interesting experience. I wonder what their reasoning was for treating you poorly.

-LR

I don´t know but would like to know, what do you people suggest?[​IMG]

16. jsqfunk

jsqfunk Senior member

Sometimes things get lost in translation. If you really want a Finamore shirt go through a store not direct.

17. SpallaCamiccia

Sometimes things get lost in translation. If you really want a Finamore shirt go through a store not direct.

There are none in my country, I wish it was as easy. Never lost any envelope ...

18. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

You really need to get over this.

19. SpallaCamiccia

You really need to get over this.

I can´t I am kinda obssessive compulsive.[​IMG] I need always to know why, as a kid.[​IMG]

20. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

I can´t I am kinda obssessive compulsive.[​IMG] I need always to know why, as a kid.[​IMG]

Try Calling them. Are you still interested in buying shirts from them, or is it just that you're still curious about why they ignored your emails.

-LR