• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 2: MTM Shirts courtesy of Drinkwaters

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 1st auction of the year is for a Goodies from No Man Walks Alone. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

opinions on colourful gloves

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was woundering what people think about colourful gloves. I was looking at the chester jefferies website and there is a huge choice of colours for your gloves. I was thinking about buying a pair in dark purple and one in pale yellow. Would wearing gloves other then the ordinary black and brown be seen as too dandyish? Does anyone else wear colourful gloves?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tend to stick to conservative colors, however, I've seen pics here where colorful ones look good. Lk, for example, sports a yellow pair that looks good.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it myself. I prefer to go with more elegance and less flash with gloves and leave the colorful to ties, squares, and scarves.

I'd almost hold up LK as reason *not* to do it. He can rock it but only because he's LK. If you are ready to cultivate a whole outlandish image, rock on. But to achieve LK status takes time and serious effort.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Paul Smith woollen gloves in his multi stripe pattern which I wear..

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
I have a pair of Paul Smith woollen gloves in his multi stripe pattern which I wear..

Those work- but to the OP- yes, colored leather, like purple, would be "dandy-ish" imo. That's not a crit, but they certainly would look affected.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those paul smiths are great. I saw some a couple of weeks ago but they were $160 and I can't justify spending that much on knit gloves. i think I will probily get the purple ones. They are a very dark egg plant coloured.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teh French Alan Flusser Marc Guyot offers gloves in a fabulous spectrum of colors. I have a pair in mauve nappa leather.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yellow chamois gloves are classics, both in the city and out on in the country.

Dark purple would make for some interesting gloves, and they'd probably go very well with other fall colors.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
I have a pair in dark green suede. They go well with my topcoats.
I only wear them when I don't have to carry anything.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 115 15.7%
  • 31 - 40