• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on levis 505 jeans

klart_det

Reaction score
Hi, i am considering buying a pair of levis 505 jeans.

What i am wondering is what retail price for jeans like this usually is, are these the kind of jeans that retail for 40dollars like a lot of otter levis jeans.

sorry for spelling mistakes,(norwegian)

klart_det

Reaction score
That was what i was thinkin to, but when i searched the net for similar jeans, i saw that almost all levis 505 i found cost less than 40bucks.

Are these good jeans?

Texel

Reaction score
What I can tell you about levis jeans:
I just bought a pair of 507 levis bootcut jeans for 60 euro and i am pretty happy with them. The wash is nice but the best thing about levis jeans is the fact that they are very comfortable to wear. Of course there are better jeans out there, but for that price you can't go wrong with them if you have the opportunity to try them on in a store in order to find out if they fit you nice.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
got a lighter colored pair of 505 jeans at palais royal for 20 something bucks. i guess they are just a little more expensive in europe

klart_det

Reaction score
Thats right.
In Norway levis jeans retail att 140 and rising. clothing and shoes are realy expencive her,
A pair of chuck taylors retail at 95 for the standard ones..

And alcohol and tobacoo products are priced insanly high, but thats way off topick

prozach1576

Reaction score
Levi's are the best jeans out there for the price, but in that range I'd look more at the 514 or 511 for a straight leg. Those will give you a more fitted look and will cost the same.

klart_det

Reaction score
i actually like a bit loose fit on my jeans, so if the 505 are a bitt loose i think i will be quite happy.

Thanks for all responds!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But don't you have some fancy designer jeans in Norway that would be cheaper and better than Levi?

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I heard that 505s are just zipper-fly 501s?

I doubt it myself because from what I remember, 505's seem straighter in the leg and a bit looser in the seat.

klart_det

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
But don't you have some fancy designer jeans in Norway that would be cheaper and better than Levi?

cheap monday (swedish) is cheap in norway.
But in general a pair of jeans will cost you at least 100bucks.
And the more fancy jeans will cost a lot more.
We have a norwegian brand called moods of norway, i dont know if they are international. But norwegian as they are they are stil expencive.
I think we pay less for nudies than americans,
But i havent seen this type of levis in stores, and that is part of the point, i like having jeans that not everybody has,

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are mid 80s 505s. decent jeans... really stiff.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by klart_det
Thats right.
In Norway levis jeans retail att 140 and rising. clothing and shoes are realy expencive her,
A pair of chuck taylors retail at 95 for the standard ones..

And alcohol and tobacoo products are priced insanly high, but thats way off topick

I have about a dozen cousins in norway. Everytime I visit them, they uniformly send me denim orders before I leave the states, because you guys tax all the vices (not just smokes a booze).

klart_det

Reaction score
offcurse we tax everyting, the goverment is made of idiots, I found out the otther day that even cigaret papers and perfumed have regulations on how much you can bring in to the country.
Thank good they got lucky and struck oil. cars for example cost at least twice ass mutch in Norway than in usa.
Sorry for bad spelling again. not my strongside.

But do somone know how the fit on these jeans are, loose, tight etc

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by klart_det
offcurse we tax everyting, the goverment is made of idiots
well, norway's tax-the-good-god-outta-everyone does have its benefits. My 16-year-old cousin is pregnant. Anywhere else in the world, that would be a crisis and a tragedy. Since she's Norwegian, she's set for life, and will now be living large off Uncle Harald and Auntie Sonja's hand-outs. Cha-Ching! sorry for no info on the 505s. Same high-rise anti-fit as the 501s, as far as I know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads