• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Online Bill Pay?

SVS

Reaction score
Does anyone use an online bill payment service? I travel a lot and would like to have all of my bills sent someplace that will scan them and allow me to review/pay them online (like paytrust). Is anyone doing anything similar? Other suggestions?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SVS
Does anyone use an online bill payment service? I travel a lot and would like to have all of my bills sent someplace that will scan them and allow me to review/pay them online (like paytrust). Is anyone doing anything similar? Other suggestions?

I just get my bills emailed to me electronically (most companies offer this service). Also, most of my bills are recurring (cable, phone, student loans, etc), so I set up scheduled payments through my banks online banking website.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I just get my bills emailed to me electronically (most companies offer this service). Also, most of my bills are recurring (cable, phone, student loans, etc), so I set up scheduled payments through my banks online banking website.

that^^

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't have a central payment system but like the others I go to each utility's website and pay the bill there directly. most should allow you to set up automatic billing.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I pay everything electronically on each vendors site. If you use a central payment system and the vendor changes addresses or a payment doesn't get to the vendor for whatever reason, then you can get screwed.

coop86

Reaction score
Switch to "paperless" and get your monthly bill sent to your email address only. If you have more confidence, set up the "auto bill-pay" function with every company you get a recurring bill from and charge all of them them to one credit card or one checking acct so you only have to make 1 master payment at the end of every month.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i pay all my bills online through my bank its awesome, i still get paper bils in the mails just to remind me to pay them though

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pay at least 75% - to 80% of my bills online, either thru my bank account or if paying on a card, then I go to their website or their bill pay website and pay thru that.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I do everything online but I don't do automatic. This way, I have a chance to review the charges in case of screwup. You're way less likely to get your money back after giving it to them.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I pay online but no automatic billing. But Automatic may be good for someone on the road a lot.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Yeah I pay online but no automatic billing. But Automatic may be good for someone on the road a lot.
Nah. I'd still prefer them to email me when the bill is ready then just take the money. They usually give you 2 weeks to pay the thing. I can only imagine a few jobs where you couldn't get access that infrequently.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I do everything online but I don't do automatic. This way, I have a chance to review the charges in case of screwup. You're way less likely to get your money back after giving it to them.

Eh...I let it all happen automatically except for my primary credit card.

They send me a paper bill or an email well in advance of the payment date...if something is wrong, I can fix it before the automatic payment kicks in but if something happens and I forget...it still gets paid. Things like rent (they don't do any sort of bill pay but I have it set up with my bank to just automatically cut a check on the 26th and put it in the mail) and student loans are exactly the same every month and don't have fees or things that could change...so those are fine.

The only reason the primary card doesn't auto-pay is mostly the fact that I only switched too it a few months ago and didn't set it up. Not having it go automatically does make sure there is enough money in the payment account...but I would still do that with auto payments (I think it is still set up to make an automatic minimum payment of $10 or whatever...that way I will never be late if I forget, just end up carrying a little interest).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads