• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Olive Garden vs. Red Lobster

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
It won't be fantastic, but it won't be bad, and everyone can find something that appeals to their tastes there.

It depends what you mean by "bad." In many of these places, much of the food is frozen, not fresh, and anything that can be prepackaged and preservative-laden (think sauces) is.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why's it so hard to believe that a chicken parm at Olive Garden would be better than chicken parms in Italy? Just because a restaurant is in Italy it automatically means that they have to have better foods than in American restaurants? That's marsupialed.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Why's it so hard to believe that a chicken parm at Olive Garden would be better than chicken parms in Italy? Just because a restaurant is in Italy it automatically means that they have to have better foods than in American restaurants? That's marsupialed.
It goes against everything we know to be true about food. That a soulless corporate box with flash frozen, pre-cooked, portioned, pre-packaged foods can be "better" than the cuisine its actually imitating? I'm not saying that its not true... I'm just saying that its definitely the exception, and not the rule if true. I've eaten at The Olive Garden, and frankly, been relatively unimpressed. I found their sauce (the heart of Italian pasta IMO) to be bland. The Old Spaghetti Factory is my cheap italian/american knockoff restaraunt of choice.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater

Yeah, hasn't anyone seen the Olive Garden commercial that talks about their chef training facility in Tuscany?

This thread is making me hungry.

kapay

Reaction score
I always found the food I ate at OG to be terrible while my one experience at RL to be pretty damn good (and it should have been considering it was one of their most expensive menu items). Food aside, I also found OG's service to be just as bad. Never really had a good experience one way or another (maybe I should try a different OG). Nothing good or bad to say about RL's service though.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
It goes against everything we know to be true about food. That a soulless corporate box with flash frozen, pre-cooked, portioned, pre-packaged foods can be "better" than the cuisine its actually imitating? I'm not saying that its not true... I'm just saying that its definitely the exception, and not the rule if true. I've eaten at The Olive Garden, and frankly, been relatively unimpressed. I found their sauce (the heart of Italian pasta IMO) to be bland. The Old Spaghetti Factory is my cheap italian/american knockoff restaraunt of choice.

I've eaten at the Olive Garden too and been unimpressed (then again, in NJ authentica Italian cuisine is available all over the place), but, that doesn't mean that it's not possible for something there to be better than it's counterpart at an Italian restaurant. If someone says it's impossible for that to be the case, that's just marsupialed IMO.

'nuff said

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive Garden is fine for casual dinning. I actually think their tiramisu is better than much more expensive and authentic Italian places.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you are used to american style italian food, then OG may very well be better than places in Italy. you can't get a lot of stuff that is common in american italian resteraunts in italy - in the same way you can't get sweet and sour pork in most resteraunts in china.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
if you are used to american style italian food, then OG may very well be better than places in Italy. you can't get a lot of stuff that is common in american italian resteraunts in italy - in the same way you can't get sweet and sour pork in most resteraunts in china.
WTF... I have now lost all interest in going to China. I bet you are going to tell me that they don't give out fortune cookies after every meal either! Is the whole world crazy? Are we all living a lie? I beg you all, stay in America, where everything make sense! My dreams have all just been shattered. My childhood a sham, I turn to my last remaining friend - quaaludes. Goodnight, cruel world. Goodnight.

seanchai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Yeah, hasn't anyone seen the Olive Garden commercial that talks about their chef training facility in Tuscany?

I tried to find it when I was in Tuscany two summers ago. I loved the real Tuscan food I had there but eventually wanted something that wasn't salted meats. American-style chicken parm would've hit the spot.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since the entire essence of italian cuisine is very fresh ingredients... olive garden is ****. I can taste the ******* MSG or whatever the hell they use. It's been a long time since I've been there, but you just know everything comes out of a plastic bag.

If you want to see how good any italian restaurant is, just order bruschetta or a simple pasta dish with marinara. You can tell by the tomatos and the freshness of the basil (not to mention quality of olive oil).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads