• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cielo

Reaction score
sorry about the focus.

IMG_0239c.jpg

trovata
rb6
margiela

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
no offense taken, thanks for clearing it up.

and i would not be surprised if superbobo was wealthier than i, in fact i am almost certain of it.

Haha, how you figure? I would be really surprised if this were the case... The brands I wear is a good reflection of my disposable income. If I had the means, id buy alot of japanese reproductions instead of 30$ carhartt pants (which are an amazing deal at that prize imo).

You spend the money well though, and always look good and comfy.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Only when there's a Han Solo vest/shirt combo.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to drag this out but I don't think Bobo looks sloppy and he's anything but disheveled. Grunge is disheleved, which is really, IMO, far from what he's going for. I think its more of a workwear aesthetic. They're loose, comfortable ensembles but always well put together. Its all about an interest in authenticity, I think.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I know they'll shrink to fit but that "poofy" crotch is not cool!

i wonder if

This is a terrible example of faux whiskering, I'm surprised Drizzt would opt for these when he has so many jeans that are better.

rye has heard

This looks great to me, I especially like the longer pocket proportions on the shirt. Looser fits doesn't automatically = sloppy.

of multi quote
laugh.gif

FTB- Real strong look
GS- I really like the D2s. I saw some up close shots on sufu of them and really liked the look of the denim. I wish the cut was a bit slimmer but they're definitely nice jeans.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
GS- I really like the D2s. I saw some up close shots on sufu of them and really liked the look of the denim. I wish the cut was a bit slimmer but they're definitely nice jeans.

The denim is great, really stiff. The cut is an odd in-between of the California (skinny) and the Detroit (loose). The waist is exactly as tagged and knees down it's slim like the Cali, but the top block (hip - thigh) is roomy, which I'm not used to so it's making me feel like I'm swimming in them in the thigh area. This would actually be a great cut for a thicker guy who has a butt and meaty thighs that wants a slim fitting jean. As it is, I have no ass (unless you count my bud Whodini) and skinny thighs so it's a bit roomier than I normally wear

pinoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
Not to drag this out but I don't think Bobo looks sloppy and he's anything but disheveled. Grunge is disheleved, which is really, IMO, far from what he's going for. I think its more of a workwear aesthetic. They're loose, comfortable ensembles but always well put together. Its all about an interest in authenticity, I think.

I'm a fan of fadetoblack's fits- its a refreshing change from all the slim fits we see here on SF and on most fashion forums in general. With regards, to superbobo's fits, somehow I think he's taking the workwear aesthetic a little too far. Clearly, as shown by my fondness for FTB's outfits, I enjoy loose-fitting clothing. However, I somehow feel like Superbobo is taking the authenticity of workwear a little too far.

Another question I wanted to throw out: what elevates a jeans/tee fit to become comment worthy? Reason being I noticed that many commented on sidneylo's recent fit. While it is a great fit, it seems like good jeans / tee fits are a dime a dozen. Is it because jeans & tees naturally look great on his slender frame or perhaps its because it was a well-taken photo??

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gs: regardless I think they look great on you. they remind me a bit of my black wings + horns except for the silver hardware and a more prominent taper under the knee.

fade: one of your best. ******* great.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
Another question I wanted to throw out: what elevates a jeans/tee fit to become comment worthy? Reason being I noticed that many commented on sidneylo's recent fit. While it is a great fit, it seems like good jeans / tee fits are a dime a dozen. Is it because jeans & tees naturally look great on his slender frame or perhaps its because it was a well-taken photo??

my guess is because it's the first look at the SEXFH05 and that new line of indigo shirts.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
I'm a fan of fadetoblack's fits- its a refreshing change from all the slim fits we see here on SF and on most fashion forums in general. With regards, to superbobo's fits, somehow I think he's taking the workwear aesthetic a little too far. Clearly, as shown by my fondness for FTB's outfits, I enjoy loose-fitting clothing. However, I somehow feel like Superbobo is taking the authenticity of workwear a little too far.

Im really curious of why you feel this way, since I really dont go for total authenticity in any way (but ofcourse wouldnt buy, say, Diesel work wear influenced pieces), and am no stranger to throwing in a fleece vest or a pair of sneakers. Im more into a sort of relaxed "street" mix of work wear/outdoors/preppy/whatever influences... Im wearing Timberland boat shoes
laugh.gif
Im more influenced by the japanese take on "work" or "outdoors" as seen in for instance mens non-no, than actual old workwear.... Also a big fan of old man wear in general, just so relaxed and weird.

see Bill on sufu for someone who goes for total work wear authenticity.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Oh, are we having a "poor" contest now? Because...
laugh.gif
FTB: Whether it's true or not, I sorta get the "idle rich" impression from your fits as well. Would I think the same if I saw you on the street and didn't know what the labels were? I couldn't say. However, I do really like all the stuff you post, and you do it all without even a whiff of arrogance or pretense.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
i wonder if

rye has heard

of multi quote
laugh.gif

Yeah yeah yeah, I just didn't expect to make multi comments "smart-ass". I'll learn, I'll learn. At least I didn't repost the pic's!.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report

I'm sure I'm not helping the discussion here, but SuperBobo was all I could think about while watching the evil djinn Demerest in "Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies".

wishmaster2692.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads