(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Felt like a more drapey top with my most fitted jeans today. I have no idea why but it was in the 40s and 50s today in gainesville. The fuck? [​IMG] s2a cashmere hoodie with drapey emo/jedi hood black ring waxed denim israeli canvas combat boots milsurp bag irishkid- Killin' it. Keep em' coming! cielo- love the shoes, but not with that outfit/cuff. Are they patent? socal almost made me spit my diet cream soda on my computer back there [​IMG]

2. fftfft

fftfft Senior member

3. maclovin

maclovin Senior member

RL
    John Bull
    JVxCon

[​IMG]

As my dear old Grams would say, what in the Sam Hill is going on here?!? Since when did jeans come with colostomy bags?

4. hossoso

hossoso Coward and P*ssy

newbie here....

my shirt.... ed hardy (havent worn this in a lil while)

[​IMG]

CK Brown Belt

JEANS: True Religion Billy Super T Bootcut in Bad Ass

[​IMG]

SHOES: Lacoste
    [​IMG]

Watch: brown leather strap, gold face, Notre Dame University alumni watch

I am not sure what to do here. I guess I have to quote this so when the acid wears off I can make sure it really happened. I picked the wrong day to quit PCP.

5. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

chronoaug that top reminds me of Mastermind Japan with that stripe on the sleeve.

edit: that was a compliment. Mastermind Japan is the epitome of rock and roll, burned out Sunset Strip Chateau marmont poolside american spirits chain smoking decadence in all its glory.

6. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

You ain't man enough to wear a scarf.

No; but, I'm man enough to bend over the man wearing one.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug that top reminds me of Mastermind Japan with that stripe on the sleeve. edit: that was a compliment. Mastermind Japan is the epitome of rock and roll, burned out Sunset Strip Chateau marmont poolside american spirits chain smoking decadence in all its glory.
    haha i wasn't sure at first. Yea, i'm not well versed in mastermind. I've heard the name dropped on sufu a few times but not sure. I like the color/design on the s2a hoodie though. The stripe goes around the bicep (what little there is) and across the back. socal- But is he young enough?

8. Fade to Black

haha i wasn't sure at first. Yea, i'm not well versed in mastermind. I've heard the name dropped on sufu a few times but not sure. I like the color/design on the s2a hoodie though. The stripe goes around the bicep (what little there is) and across the back.

socal- But is he young enough?

Eh, you don't have to be. $2000 distressed blue jeans with that similar looking stripe thingy on the thigh and swarovski crystalled mickey mouse t-shirts is basically what it is...but it's displayed at places like Maxfield and Colette, so i guess you can say it's glamorous in its own way...

9. homi

homi Senior member

10. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Felt like a more drapey top with my most fitted jeans today. I have no idea why but it was in the 40s and 50s today in gainesville. The fuck?
    s2a cashmere hoodie
    black ring waxed denim
    israeli canvas combat boots
    milsurp bag

Really like this silhouette, it works well for you.

11. pinoy

pinoy Senior member

^
    +1. One of these days, I'd like to see Chrono decked out in Julius / Rick Owens. [​IMG]

Im really curious of why you feel this way, since I really dont go for total authenticity in any way (but ofcourse wouldnt buy, say, Diesel work wear influenced pieces), and am no stranger to throwing in a fleece vest or a pair of sneakers. Im more into a sort of relaxed "street" mix of work wear/outdoors/preppy/whatever influences... Im wearing Timberland boat shoes [​IMG] Im more influenced by the japanese take on "work" or "outdoors" as seen in for instance mens non-no, than actual old workwear.... Also a big fan of old man wear in general, just so relaxed and weird.

see Bill on sufu for someone who goes for total work wear authenticity.

I'm not too familiar with the different types of workwear, but I generally think of "outdoors" and "workwear" to fall under the same category. In my prior post, I wasn't sure exactly what it was about your look that felt off to me- I figured you were trying too hard to resonate with authentic workwear. However, now that I've read your reply, I think its more the "old man wear in general, just so relaxed and weird" that I'm not a fan of. This isn't to say that your style is bad; we just have different tastes.

In any case, I'm glad that you've found your own personal style and have decided to stick with it through thick and thin-- that's no easy feat.

12. pinoy

pinoy Senior member

The weather has been nuts lately! 90+ degree yesterday... 60 degrees today! I guess Chrono was wondering the same thing... :p

[​IMG]

Viridi-Anne coat

Gap tee

no name double wraparound belt

APC new standard jeans

CDiem boots

13. chronoaug

^^Unfortunately, i sold my 2 cloak tops since they fit kinda off, and my drkshdw jacket is just too big for me. I tried it on again today for the cold and just felt i was swimming in the arms a bit too much. I can get away with it with knits like this sweater, but the jacket feels a bit more awkward. I hate seeing the title of your sale thread, getting excited and then realizing you're 2 sizes too big for me [​IMG]

14. Fade to Black

^

I'm not too familiar with the different types of workwear, but I generally think of "outdoors" and "workwear" to fall under the same category. In my prior post, I wasn't sure exactly what it was about your look that felt off to me- I figured you were trying too hard to resonate with authentic workwear. However, now that I've read your reply, I think its more the "old man wear in general, just so relaxed and weird" that I'm not a fan of. This isn't to say that your style is bad; we just have different tastes.

i think the workwear look works for bobo, he seems to take cues from old man style, which I do as well, and he runs with it to the point it has become a natural extension of himself. The men's non-no comment i can see in his styling...taking disparate pieces and coming up with a whole that clicks.

old people are fresh dressers...

15. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

drizzt is in that rare pantheon of posters who are exempt from any rules on style - he can wear whatever he wants. I would say SoCal fits into that pantheon as well, and maybe me too.

too bad he looks like utter shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.