• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haven't posted in this thread for awhile and probably won't be posting regularly b/c I'm pretty busy but here's a cameo:

Lacoste Retro Fit
PRPS New Fit Selvage
AE

37393210vp7.jpg

apocalypse later

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the fit on the PBJs? They're pretty much the tightest jeans I've ever worn, I'm just not sure yet. I got two compliments from a couple of girls today, but I got a few weird looks from a few guys in my dorm, heh.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
What do you mean by tight? They might be tight in the waist and crotch as that's just how PBJs are, but they certainly don't look too skinny throughout. You're probably just not used to slim cut jeans. If anything, they look like they could be slimmed up a bit. You might want to consider wetting the jeans a bit in the top part to try to stretch out the waist/crotch if it's a problem. As for the rest of the jean, it's not tight looking at all and eventually, you won't view them as such.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
What do you mean by tight? They might be tight in the waist and crotch as that's just how PBJs are, but they certainly don't look too skinny throughout. You're probably just not used to slim cut jeans. If anything, they look like they could be slimmed up a bit. You might want to consider wetting the jeans a bit in the top part to try to stretch out the waist/crotch if it's a problem. As for the rest of the jean, it's not tight looking at all and eventually, you won't view them as such.
What he said. They don't even look tight. That's how my 005s looked when I first got them, but they kept shrinking 3 or 4 washes into their life. If you've only washed/soaked them once, and you think they're tight now, be careful because they might get tighter. Edit: Oh, and I think they look good.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
What do you guys think of the fit on the PBJs? They're pretty much the tightest jeans I've ever worn, I'm just not sure yet. I got two compliments from a couple of girls today, but I got a few weird looks from a few guys in my dorm, heh.

I think the fit looks good, and not tight at all.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later

They don't look tight at all to me, a little baggy actually but, then again, I wear New Cures.

edit: Went back to read responses and Sauce is right, maybe hemming them up a tad would make them look a bit more flattering.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
mink- I don't really like the wash of the jeans, nor the no belt thing. I think the boot at the bottom is a bit unecessary for wearing it stacked like that. Maybe look into straight legs or adjust the inseam a bit.

I like the no belt thing. Those jeans have one helluva rise. Everything from the waist up (waistband, shirt, tie, glasses) looks really good.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mink- I don't really like the wash of the jeans, nor the no belt thing. I think the boot at the bottom is a bit unecessary for wearing it stacked like that. Maybe look into straight legs or adjust the inseam a bit.

Or just cuff them.

Minkous

Reaction score
I would cuff them like Xchen suggested but there is a slight bootcut (flare) so any cuffing may look horrid.... i may try and alter them myself
confused.gif

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Minkous, I was going to wear something very similar to that tomorrow (necktie w/ denim) but you'll probably think I am ripping you off. I just feel weird wearing white collar shirts without ties. I ended up getting those Clarks Desert Boots after running into you the other evening. They are already broken in and are SO comfortable that I have been wearing them every day and will continue to do so for eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads