1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

[​IMG]
    TSE Cashmere
    Nudie
    Paul Smith

2. Chris.

Chris. Senior member

[​IMG]

april 77 riders jacket
    ann demeulemeester shirt
    raf simons tweed pants
    ymc ankle boots

3. jet

jet Senior member

no pic last night but I thought I would annoy you fuckers

vb cardigan
    vb shirt
    apc
    raf simons classic lace ups
    mcqueen silver silk scarf (skulls)
    geller black trilby

4. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

What's your favorite Poo song? Mine's "Everything Shits at Once."

This isn't exactly my look, but I can't figure out what to do with this sweater. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

just put a casual button up under it! I think the fit looks great, something id wear [​IMG]

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

lol, that guy John Cho hangs out in the SGV area, he's been spotted quite a few times around the Valley Blvd area
    He hangs out in the same spots you do? Perfect. I guess that will make the cross-over that much easier on you. Get on that. Black Cherry, dig what you're going for but you're using the wrong scarf. The colors are really clashing against the rest of your fit as if you were on your way to a (insert random GetSmart oi band...The 4-Skins) show but ended up going to a UCLA game. A solid color would probably be a safe bet here and would still keep the look visually interesting. Still, great intro the forum. Welcome.

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

While it may work for you...I don't think your whole blocky, industrial aesthetic is going to break out here anytime soon. Just so many slim guys here.

This might be a bit of redundant respose, but it ties to an interesting topic of ideals and such. Just to clarify, I dont dress like I do cuz Im fat.. im rather slim, but tall with wide chest and shoulders. I could possibly dress more "flattering" by having slimmer denim and perfect fitting shirts, but thats not what Im after really.

My point is, I dont think you have to dress slimfitting cuz you are slim. Look at chris for instance, he plays alot more with proportions, with shorter/wider pants, longer tops and such, not just the standard "well dressed guy" -formula.. And Id love to see more people do something like this..

7. Black Cherry

Black Cherry Senior member

Black Cherry, dig what you're going for but you're using the wrong scarf. The colors are really clashing against the rest of your fit as if you were on your way to a (insert random GetSmart oi band...The 4-Skins) show but ended up going to a UCLA game. A solid color would probably be a safe bet here and would still keep the look visually interesting.

Still, great intro the forum. Welcome.

Thanks for the advice! It's the only scarf I own so I'm in the market. Direly new to the whole not dressing like a bum thing, and I'm taking it one step at a time.

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

Thanks for the advice! It's the only scarf I own so I'm in the market. Direly new to the whole not dressing like a bum thing, and I'm taking it one step at a time.
    Definitely a good step forward. Let's see some more in the future.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Cross-posting from the Men's Clothing forum. Don't throw me out ! [​IMG]

Getting a little nippy here in NYC today...

L. Borrelli wool M65 type jacket with small herringbone pattern
    Theory merino wool grey cardigan
    N&L pink/blue check shirt
    APC Rescue jeans
    Altea brown/lilac wool/cashmere/silk scarf
    J.Crew red/black/grey argyle socks
    C&J Tetbury in brown nubuck
    Vintage JLC Memovox

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ken

ken Senior member

Take the trouser hem away from those jeans, and you can stay.

Nice jacket. The pattern is taking your camera for a ride in the first two pics.

11. hossoso

hossoso Senior member

Gdl, that jacket is beautiful. I think some New Standards might be a more flattering fit with those shoes though.

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

Gdl, that jacket is beautiful. I think some New Standards might be a more flattering fit with those shoes though.

Disagree on both. The C&J Tetbury are boots, hence the slight bootcut openings of the APC Rescue are perfect IMO.

@gdl203: your watch collection is [​IMG]. Great outfit overall too, and yay for self-timer!

13. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

DDML, really nice. I always enjoy the causal simplicity of your looks. What are you wearing btw? i see the sufu evisus, but otherwise..

14. xchen

xchen Senior member

gdl203, I think you should tuck the scarf into the jacket. And please cross-post (or post in general) more often.

15. gdl203

Nice jacket. The pattern is taking your camera for a ride in the first two pics.

Thanks ken. What do you mean by "taking the trouser hem away"? [​IMG] I just fold it inside, no stitched hem here... Do you mean that it would look better stacking the leg opening?

The whole look was pretty relaxed with a fairly padded jacket so I thought a more relaxed Rescue worked better. I wear my NS with more fitted tops generally

Disagree on both. The C&J Tetbury are boots, hence the slight bootcut openings of the APC Rescue are perfect IMO.

@gdl203: your watch collection is [​IMG]. Great outfit overall too, and yay for self-timer!

Thanks whacked. I've been collecting watches for 10+ years now and have been adding slowly to the collection.

re: self-timer, I actually asked my wife to take the pictures... She looked at me with a "err.. what?" look on her face, but she helped out [​IMG]

16. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks ken. What do you mean by "taking the trouser hem away"? [​IMG] I just fold it inside, no stitched hem here... Do you mean that it would look better stacking the leg opening?

I think he meant that it looked like one of those invisible 1" trouser hems rather than a .25" contrast stitch jeans hem, which makes sense since you tucked under. I think you should get them hemmed to your preferred length, and tell the tailor to make the new hem look just like the original one.

Love the jacket, by the way. I recently got a similar one from Borrelli (actually Shop the Finest), but mine's more a hunting jacket.

17. gdl203

I think he meant that it looked like one of those invisible 1" trouser hems rather than a .25" contrast stitch jeans hem, which makes sense since you tucked under. I think you should get them hemmed to your preferred length, and tell the tailor to make the new hem look just like the original one.
    Got it. I may just do that then... Next trip to tailor is Saturday

18. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

DDML, really nice. I always enjoy the causal simplicity of your looks. What are you wearing btw? i see the sufu evisus, but otherwise..
    thanks superbobo h&m hat engineered garments fatigue jacket sugar cane flannel loopwheeler tee (though i guess you can't see it from that angle) evisu alden 405

19. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

Getting a little nippy here in NYC today...

L. Borrelli wool M65 type jacket with small herringbone pattern
    Theory merino wool grey cardigan
    N&L pink/blue check shirt
    APC Rescue jeans
    Altea brown/lilac wool/cashmere/silk scarf
    J.Crew red/black/grey argyle socks
    C&J Tetbury in brown nubuck
    Vintage JLC Memovox

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How much does that vintage JLC run around if you dont mind me asking? It looks really nice...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.