1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken

ken Senior member

I think he meant that it looked like one of those invisible 1" trouser hems rather than a .25" contrast stitch jeans hem, which makes sense since you tucked under. I think you should get them hemmed to your preferred length, and tell the tailor to make the new hem look just like the original one.
    Bingo. I think the length is good, but allow for some very minimal shrinking if you haven't washed them yet.

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

It sure was nippy Gdl:
    Jil Sander navy bomber w/ black knit shawl collar
    Cloak black cotton sweater
    Jil Sander white shirt
    Dior Homme black trousers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Closeup of hoody fabric:

[​IMG]

Varvatos olive wool waffle knit hoody with cotton trim, Iron Heart 634S, dark brown custom Vass Budapests.

Forgot to post this before:

[​IMG]

Belstaff Panther, AA T, Iron Heart 634S.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

going out to dinner w/fiancee and my folks

[​IMG]

fred perry shirt
    band of outsiders blazer
    ralph lauren brown cords
    gap burgundy socks
    alden cordovan longwings
    kent want pocketsquare

5. xchen

xchen Senior member

[​IMG]

Nudies day six.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

[​IMG]
    Getting warmer...
    [​IMG]

7. xchen

xchen Senior member

But still not as good as...

[​IMG]

8. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton suit
    Brioni shirt
    Brioni tie
    NM belt
    Armani socks
    testoni monkstraps

9. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Awesome blazer GS, it is what Bob Barker would wear clubbing, and that is a good thing.

10. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

How much does that vintage JLC run around if you dont mind me asking? It looks really nice...
    I think in the $900-1,300 range depending on the condition and whether all parts are original. I may be completely wrong - haven't looked in a while

11. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Bingo. I think the length is good, but allow for some very minimal shrinking if you haven't washed them yet.
    Got it. They've been washed once

12. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

This might be a bit of redundant respose, but it ties to an interesting topic of ideals and such. Just to clarify, I dont dress like I do cuz Im fat.. im rather slim, but tall with wide chest and shoulders. I could possibly dress more "flattering" by having slimmer denim and perfect fitting shirts, but thats not what Im after really.

My point is, I dont think you have to dress slimfitting cuz you are slim. Look at chris for instance, he plays alot more with proportions, with shorter/wider pants, longer tops and such, not just the standard "well dressed guy" -formula.. And Id love to see more people do something like this..

Heh, I didn't mean to imply that you are fat. But your aesthetic sense is more square and for lack of a better word, industrial, then the average here. And I think that as great as experimenting an be, most people are still looking to show off their "well-dressed guy" qualities, or their slim physiques, more than they are to make statements. I think chris looks interesting, but I would never dress like that. I want to fit in to a greater degree than that allows.

13. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

going out to dinner w/fiancee and my folks

[​IMG]

fred perry shirt
    band of outsiders blazer
    ralph lauren brown cords
    gap burgundy socks
    alden cordovan longwings
    kent want pocketsquare

that blazer looks sick man

do you have any fabric that is of similar color (Idk if its the picture but it looks like a different shade than traditional navy...) for TaT by any chance?

14. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

that blazer looks sick man

do you have any fabric that is of similar color (Idk if its the picture but it looks like a different shade than traditional navy...) for TaT by any chance?

It is BoO, but now that I think about it, some of the colors he has on his site, like the navy and teal would l look good if you just replaced the buttons with brass ones yourself. Oh to have money.

15. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

red wing 1914
    iron heart 634s
    sugarcane belt
    topman t
    the flathead chambray
    thomas meihofer ring

16. xchen

xchen Senior member

It is BoO, but now that I think about it, some of the colors he has on his site, like the navy and teal would l look good if you just replaced the buttons with brass ones yourself. Oh to have money.

You can send him the buttons you want to use and he'll have them put onto the suit, same with liner fabric made out of material that you choose and send ahead of time.

17. Serg

Serg Senior member

jpgm; you seem to wear alot of dark clothes. Isn't it really hot in Perth? Like even in now it's probubly mid 80's. I'd die in boots and dark clothes in that weather (then again I'm not used to it.

18. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

jpgm; you seem to wear alot of dark clothes. Isn't it really hot in Perth? Like even in now it's probubly mid 80's. I'd die in boots and dark clothes in that weather (then again I'm not used to it.
    i sweat like a mofo at the best of times....so my outfits are starting to get more and more summer-y at the moment. it was pretty cool out last night when i went out to dinner....there is no way i wouldve survived wearing that today - it was about 30C today (85ish...?) and will be the same tomorrow....getting pretty warm.

19. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

20. CDC

CDC Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.