• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
Stazy, jacket looks very good. Unbuttoned works.
Originally Posted by Get Smart
great fit. I like the coat unbuttoned. The only time *I* would button it is if it were really windy/cold. The coat definitely rules ok
Originally Posted by Augusto86
That is a pretty pimp coat. I look at it, and for some reason I keep thinking of Bullitt. It's very '70s...
Thanks for the feeback. It was
inlove.gif
at first sight when I saw the coat a few months ago. I hadn't really planned on wearing it unbuttoned, but the weather hasn't been cold enough to warrant a heavy jacket/scarf combo. Anyways, I'm happy it works unbuttoned because I've been really anxious to wear it.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Changed to go meet the President of Brandeis.

Jantzen white dobby FC
Trafalgar calf belt
Express pants
Frye Brandos, Tobacco

ClothingShots017.jpg

rzi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I wish the sun would come out so I could take some decen pictures...Anyways, I need advice on the jacket. How do you think it looks unbuttoned? Shoes - AE Jeans - Acne Mic Rigid Shirt - Mui (tailored for a slimmer fit) Coat - Paul Smith
001jh2.jpg
008tc1.jpg

I think this looks pretty good. Nice job man.

Flint

Reaction score
I've been lurking for some time now and have decided to finally post something now that the house is empty (I can run around taking pictures and no one gives me any funny looks, hmm?)

So, here we are. Out for a quick lunch this afternoon with my grandmother and then made it back home just as the rain hit. Lucky me. Another day of easy relaxation.

My apologies for the poor picture quality; the girlfriend left for home yesterday and decided to take her nice camera with her. Sigh, so I'm stuck with the shoddy family digital. Maybe some better ones in the near future? We'll see..

000_0083goodsized-1.jpg

000_0076goodsized-1.jpg

000_0077betterssized-1.jpg

Banana Republic - silk-cashmere crewneck
Hanes - undershirt
Guess - belt
Monarchy - denim
Onitsuka Tiger - shoes

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Flint - welcome, I like that BR sweater but those jeans.... the back pockets.... well, they just aren't my style I guess.

+1

Welcome, Flint.

bsyde82

Reaction score
maiden voyage of SF x 5EP

920picoy3.jpg

ben sherman b/d
fred perry jumper
5EP x SF
Paul Smith chukka

GS,

where do you get your fred perry gear? i find it pretty difficult to find FP sweaters and stuff..only thing i see around are your ubiquitous track jackets

i was gonna buy a cardi on bluebee but i guess that sale wiped out most of their fred perry inventory

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
There's a place locally in LA that is basically Fred Perry central. They carry everything, from the Limited range to the basics to a good range of outerwear too.

Online, check out www.endclothing.co.uk

I've never bought anything but they have a good stock and prices seem ok for retail.

or you could go direct to www.fredperry.com

Their service is lightning quick, I've gotten orders in less than a week shipped from UK, but you have to pay DHL courier tariffs
frown.gif

bsyde82

Reaction score
There's a place locally in LA that is basically Fred Perry central. They carry everything, from the Limited range to the basics to a good range of outerwear too.

Online, check out www.endclothing.co.uk

I've never bought anything but they have a good stock and prices seem ok for retail.

or you could go direct to www.fredperry.com

Their service is lightning quick, I've gotten orders in less than a week shipped from UK, but you have to pay DHL courier tariffs
frown.gif

cool. thanks.

sorry to bother you w/ more fred perry questions but do you own any of the cardigans? is the merino version that much better than the lambswool one? and how are the sizes? i used to think fred perry ran big cuz of their polos, but i ordered (and since returned) a sweater vest in size 38 and it was too small

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
sorry to bother you w/ more fred perry questions but do you own any of the cardigans? is the merino version that much better than the lambswool one? and how are the sizes? i used to think fred perry ran big cuz of their polos, but i ordered (and since returned) a sweater vest in size 38 and it was too small

The only FP cardigan I actually own is the CDGxFP one, but I'm familiar with the lambswool one (has leather buttons iirc) as well as have merino vnecks (like the one in today's pic). The lambswool is thicker, so I prefer the merino since it never gets that cold out here. I thought the lambswool cardigans cost more than merino, but I'm not totally sure. As far as sizes I buy Small or Size 38 and I have a 38" chest

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fall is here!
bounce2.gif

barbtalbott1.jpg

barbtalbott2.jpg

barbtalbott3.jpg

Barbera olive/gold/natural herringbone field jacket, Robert Talbott plaid shirt, generic belt, Spurr Raw Classic, Mantellassi distressed leather chukka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads