• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant turn up a little at the hem of the jeans. Not a huge cuff but...something. It would add contrast and a small break in the grey cascade that is falling all over your shoes. For some reason a lot of stacking on denim that is cut more generously than something like a NewCure doesn't look right to me without a break before the shoe. Awesome Nettletons, by the way.

brlfvr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
I think a little more cuff and a little less stack would have looked better. Now let's get back to talking about that mystery blazer.

I think it's fine to not show cuff with a casual blazer like that.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brlfvr
I think it's fine to not show cuff with a casual blazer like that.

Did you not read what I wrote a half hour before your post or did it take you a half hour to write that?

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Souper thanks for editing... its a good look, I'd vote for hemming over cuffing w/ dressyish shoes. Then again I'd want that length back if I was wearing sneaks.

Can't get too obsessed about detail with clothes, in the end they all do a similar job.

datasupa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
I think a little more cuff and a little less stack would have looked better. Now let's get back to talking about that mystery blazer.

I think handcuffs would have ruined the look he was going for.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

I have all of my other raw denim hemmed to apropriate lengths, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to hem this one. The stacking was intentional as this was supposed to be a SW+D take on the pretty classic Navy Blazer/GreyTrousers/Brown shoes combo.Please keep in mind the jeans are new, and are deceptively full looking - note that the leg opening barely covers the knot in the laces.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I obviously like the general thought of the outfit since i wear something very similar to that a fair amount when i wanna look semi-dressy (for a student). My color scheme is a bit lighter on the bottom half but i think one thing about the jeans that are throwing people off is how rigid they look. I had some stacks on my outfit that people liked, but my grey jeans are super soft and sit well on shoes. Those jeans will probably work fine when they wear in. I need a black/navy/grey casual blazer though.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never heard of Manik. I like the color on them, looks nice.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brlfvr
Relax, take a breath.

You got off easy considering the hate that has been going on here lately (which has been weak, in my opinion). I only ask for due diligence.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I wore a wet Jil Sander t shirt, soaked SFx5EP jeans, and knee high rubber boots.

The boots were a fortunate coincidence since we went to Sea World today and my son and I were chosen to participate in the Dolphin show and all the seawater would have been bad for my other shoes.

m060208008871ip4.jpg

My son also happened to be wearing huge rubber boots.

m060208008912wh2.jpg

Brutus

Reaction score
^Warlok this is a good way to reveal the face. On par with the SoCal cloak. Edit: you might want to take your son's shirt to the tailor. He kind of has the Amjack thing going on and that's against SF rules. Blues and Greens:
APC5-29-08Sml.jpg

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brutus this look with the blazer is better than the last one you did.

Souper i think it'd look better if you tucked the shirt in for the blazer pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads