• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

seany

Reaction score
I have a few knit sweaters that when wore for a long period of time, start to "pile"/stretch or whatever. And become somewhat more baggy.

I usually throw it in dryer for about 10 minutes and it goes back to its snug fit.

I have been doing this for a while, is it bad for the fabric ?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
lennonblack.jpg
Would tucking into boots like this look marsupialed?

uvmboi13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
lennonblack.jpg

10eqyv8.gif

Lol...I am not Mr. SF but I don't see that working out well.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
I have a few knit sweaters that when wore for a long period of time, start to "pile"/stretch or whatever. And become somewhat more baggy. I usually throw it in dryer for about 10 minutes and it goes back to its snug fit. I have been doing this for a while, is it bad for the fabric ?
Seany, piling is the little pill-balls of fabric you get on cheaper wool sweaters. Sagging/stretch usually happens most to cotton/linen/viscose (non-wool) sweaters. But all sweaters do stretch. A tumble-dry at low heat when damp often takes care of this, as you note. "Bad' is relative, but it does excellarate wear on all fiber, and cotton will fade and shrink and eventually distort if machine-dried often. Don't buy cotton sweaters and don't hang your sweaters. Avoid washing machines and machine-dry only when desperate.

adidasaj

Reaction score
Adidas x Kazuki x NBHD Sharptail Boot http://www.individualsole.com/2009/0...harptail-boot/ I'm trying to find an online store from which to buy these. I've only found 2 sites so far with items from this collaboration. Livestock never had this particular boot as far as I saw, and The Tres Bien shop is now sold out. I'm hoping someone as seen them for sale on another website that I happen to not be aware of. Thank you. p.s. I'm actually leaning toward the brown flanel from this line... as my choice for the 1 item from it. But I think I'd consider getting these boots, too. As someone in Canada right now, I am an unusual lack of winter-ized shoes or boots. I think these would be a nice day to day boot. I am open to other suggestions, though, of very urban winter boots, though.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to put snaps onto something?

I have a coat with velcro closure storm flap and I hate velcro and would like to change it to snaps if I could. Easy to do?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
I have a few knit sweaters that when wore for a long period of time, start to "pile"/stretch or whatever. And become somewhat more baggy. I usually throw it in dryer for about 10 minutes and it goes back to its snug fit. I have been doing this for a while, is it bad for the fabric ?
Dryers will cause there to be more pilling

uvmboi13

Reaction score
It looks fine buttoned up but those sleeves are too long. And wow, I saw your ad and saw that you are 5'10 and 190lbs? The height looks about right but I don't see where the 190lbs comes from. You look 150-165.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Shoulders look too big to me,unless you want to wear more layers underneath

bye4now122

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uvmboi13
It looks fine buttoned up but those sleeves are too long. And wow, I saw your ad and saw that you are 5'10 and 190lbs? The height looks about right but I don't see where the 190lbs comes from. You look 150-165.
Idk? This is what I'm wearing underneath...although to be honest I'm probably closer to 175 now, had my tonsils removed a week and a half ago and can tell I've lost weight, my pants fit looser and looking at the duffle fit pic I posted my neck looks pretty thin which is where I can see the most weight loss. The coat covers my big ass thighs and I've got a bit of a belly, but wearing fitted clothes can help?
5cwsch.jpg
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Shoulders look too big to me,unless you want to wear more layers underneath
I usually wear a sweater and a button down under it which looks OK, it's like borderline too big on me...

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
lennonblack.jpg

They look a bit slim to pull that off, champ. Dunno, you know me and my boots taste ;-p
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Dryers will cause there to be more pilling
Word, shoulda said that.
Originally Posted by bye4now122
Need advice on the fit of this duffle jacket... I know the sleeves are too long but can you tell from the picture if the shoulders fit alright?
2a9sdy1.jpg

I think it looks fab except for the sleeves also. Duffels aren't supposed to be as fitted as peacoats. Sleeve alterations are the easiest. too. Just remember the rule-of-thumb (literally) for outerwear sleeve length: coat sleeves should end at your first thumb knuckle (closest to wrist). 1" or so higher is okay. No lower. (PS - now you can finish painting your door too!)

bye4now122

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
They look a bit slim to pull that off, champ. Dunno, you know me and my boots taste ;-p Word, shoulda said that. I think it looks fab except for the sleeves also. Duffels aren't supposed to be as fitted as peacoats. Sleeve alterations are the easiest. too. Just remember the rule-of-thumb (literally) for outerwear sleeve length: coat sleeves should end at your first thumb knuckle (closest to wrist). 1" or so higher is okay. No lower. (PS - now you can finish painting your door too!)
Great advice on the sleeve length, I didn't know the rule of thumb so thanks! Tailoring this weekend

click here

Reaction score
Are the jeans too tight if they look like this?
34fe8ud.jpg
In the first pic, you can kinda see the outline of his junk

garmis

Reaction score
how do Left Field's sweats fit? There is conflicting fit info between BiG and Farinelli's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads