• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinsane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Go for a straight leg cut. Careful don't go too tight on jeans at the thigh or it will look out of proportion when you dress. I made the mistake going for the slim look (tight thighs) in jeans before and it didn't look good.

Yea it depends a lot on the jean for me, because my legs are very tone, they are just large, I have slim straight levi's that look good, but other slim straight styles that don't, I'm just looking for a consistent fit straight or slight boot cut, but I don't want it to look like I'm swimming in them, thanks.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junebugmm
I'm about to shorten a pair of pants by 2 inches.
And I'm wondering how a tailor can shorten
it while keeping the original length so that the pants can be let
out to their original length in the future.
I've read that it can be done, but is 2 inches too much
to fold inside the leg without cutting it off?

It is possible. Ask the tailor to keep the original hem when you shorten them and it should be fine. For reference this is how a tailor does the hemming

http://www.denimblog.com/denimblog/h...nal-hem-2.html

Originally Posted by Mossy
I want to buy a bOo flannel from F/W09 collection but am unsure whether to get medium or small. I'm 5'7, 155 with fairly muscular build -- a small in JCrew button-ups for reference.

BoO runs small. The small will be too small for you. You can check out the measurements of their shirts at some place like context clothing or something.

Originally Posted by Kevinsane
Yea it depends a lot on the jean for me, because my legs are very tone, they are just large, I have slim straight levi's that look good, but other slim straight styles that don't, I'm just looking for a consistent fit straight or slight boot cut, but I don't want it to look like I'm swimming in them, thanks.

Yea different brands aren't consistent with sizing. If Levi's fit you well, I'd stick to them. If you do decide to go with another brand try them on first or take measurements of jeans you like and compare them to others that you'd buy online. The sellers of higher quality denim brands have measurements listed on the sites. Sucks I need new jeans too. I gained 10 pounds on a cruise and all the weight went to my legs literally. My jeans look like spandex around my thighs now throwing off the silhouette of my whole look.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
What tools do designers use to give clothing that "brushed" or "worn" look?

bumpity bump

danracer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
My true waist is 27 but where i wear my jeans at measures 31. I'm skinny but is this normal?

i have the same exact measurements as you lol so idk if its normal or not but im reaaally skinny so idk

GoodSamaritan

Reaction score
Can you fit size 28 jeans?
redface.gif

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What shirt to match a navy square knit tie???

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Who makes henley shirts besides WCAGA?

Kevinsane

Reaction score
Yea different brands aren't consistent with sizing. If Levi's fit you well, I'd stick to them. If you do decide to go with another brand try them on first or take measurements of jeans you like and compare them to others that you'd buy online. The sellers of higher quality denim brands have measurements listed on the sites. Sucks I need new jeans too. I gained 10 pounds on a cruise and all the weight went to my legs literally. My jeans look like spandex around my thighs now throwing off the silhouette of my whole look.
Yea I feel you, I gained a lot of muscle in my legs for throwing (track and field) I was also wondering I wear 38 waist but only because most of my jeans are slim straight/boot and in shorts I wear a 34/36 depending, I was wondering if buying classic/relaxed/original fits would allow me to wear a 34/36 waist in jeans as well?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a site to buy Gram 406g in black? I'm having lots of trouble finding them..

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do guys with really hairy legs have more issues with slim/skinny fit jeans?

jaac

Reaction score
Nope, hairs don't really get caught or anything like that. I cycle allot though and i have these odd bald patches just below my knee joint on my calf, the hair is kinda rubbed away but its not really noticeable.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a tall guy 6'3", how low should casual fall jackets fall? If it goes just at the belt, does my longer legs make this fit look off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics