• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
serious noob question: If indigo is supposed to fade, how come the various mall brand washed denim never fade? Especially the dark indigo, how does it stay dark after multiple washes?

it does fade. just takes A LOT longer. i had a pair of RL jeans in HS that had nice combs

DECEMBER

Reaction score
But compare a pair of APC NS with a pair of dark blue jeans from Guess. How come the APC will fade to a very light color but the Guess jeans take longer or never will?

JaPo

Reaction score
But compare a pair of APC NS with a pair of dark blue jeans from Guess. How come the APC will fade to a very light color but the Guess jeans take longer or never will?

One's 'raw denim', one isn't.

Raw denim is not washed during the production process after it is dyed. Therefore it retains its quality to fade as the person wears them - a quality which washed denim possesses to a lesser degree.

Not too sure on the deets but I believe washing denim before any of the fading process has begun makes it harder to lose the indigo colour.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
serious noob question: If indigo is supposed to fade, how come the various mall brand washed denim never fade? Especially the dark indigo, how does it stay dark after multiple washes?
It's a completely different type of dye. To be more specific, the jeans that fade will use an indigo based dye, wear as most washed jeans use a sulfur based dye.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dshack
One week left in Tokyo. $500. What do you buy?

Samurais. This is the last year for their arcs. (Pick up some size 33 710s while you're there.)

Kevinsane

Reaction score
Hello I have 24 1/2" thighs, a 36" waist, around ****** is about ~45" and I am 5'11 i was wondering if there are any jeans that I could wear that have a slimming yet comfortable feel, I like gap and levi jeans a lot, and I don't like very baggy jeans. Any help?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kevinsane
Hello I have 24 1/2" thighs, a 36" waist, around ****** is about ~45" and I am 5'11 i was wondering if there are any jeans that I could wear that have a slimming yet comfortable feel, I like gap and levi jeans a lot, and I don't like very baggy jeans. Any help?

Go for a straight leg cut. Careful don't go too tight on jeans at the thigh or it will look out of proportion when you dress. I made the mistake going for the slim look (tight thighs) in jeans before and it didn't look good.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that straight leg would be the way to go. 501s are a flattering fit for bigger guys.

junebugmm

Reaction score
I'm about to shorten a pair of pants by 2 inches.
And I'm wondering how a tailor can shorten
it while keeping the original length so that the pants can be let
out to their original length in the future.
I've read that it can be done, but is 2 inches too much
to fold inside the leg without cutting it off?

Mossy

Reaction score
I want to buy a bOo flannel from F/W09 collection but am unsure whether to get medium or small. I'm 5'7, 155 with fairly muscular build -- a small in JCrew button-ups for reference.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
What tools do designers use to give clothing that "brushed" or "worn" look?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do pants from rugby.com fit?

i have a credit from them and i might get some pants/jeans

hows sizing on them? [i dont have a store here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads