• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
coldsnap, I have a few RG t-shirts from back in the day and when they say "no two are alike" they mean it. Every shirt I have is a size small but in actuality they range anywhere from XS to M. Not to mention that some are slim-n-long and some are short-n-wide. Truly unique!.

haahaa, forget about that then. thanks!

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a contact phone number for live.com? I saw one somewhere on this site, and now that I need it, I can't find it. Tanks.

Domindart

Reaction score
why do they put " wash seperately " on some clothes, when you can " wash w/ similar colors " for others? sorry Im a dummy with cleaning clothes right now..

Hey airport- Im a distant relative to that guy in your avy.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how's the fitting for sperry top sider boat shoes? i mean a wear a 7.5 in chuck taylors and a 7 in clarks db.

thanks

dubya01

Reaction score
I have a pair of Flathead f380 selvage jeans what I'm going to get hemmed. Is there any specific instructions for selvage jeans being hemmed, or is it like any other hem. Also, I have a pair of RRDS that I've had for 7 months w/o wash. I see the crotch is starting to give - can I take it to any ole tailor to get them reinforced? I don't have extra denim - could I just get the denim that I'm going to get from my flatheads being hemmed to reinforce the nudies?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dubya01
I have a pair of Flathead f380 selvage jeans what I'm going to get hemmed. Is there any specific instructions for selvage jeans being hemmed, or is it like any other hem. Also, I have a pair of RRDS that I've had for 7 months w/o wash. I see the crotch is starting to give - can I take it to any ole tailor to get them reinforced? I don't have extra denim - could I just get the denim that I'm going to get from my flatheads being hemmed to reinforce the nudies?
It's not about the selvage it's about whether the hems are single stitched or chain stitched. Flat Heads, are, of course, chain stitched. So you want to find a place that offers chainstitching, it might be a little more expensive, and it's not 100% necessary, but you sound like you want to keep it authentic and you spent enough of those jeans that an extra couple dollars for a chainstitch is probably worth it. And if you ask them to give you the fabric they hem from your flat heads they should definitely oblige. Using it to reinforce your nudies sounds like a good plan.

alorable

Reaction score
Just picked up a charcoal 2-button suit...now I'm looking for a 1-button jacket that's versatile with khakis and jeans for day and night like this one: http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...=Filippa+K&d=b I feel that black jacket is a must-have staple, but they ran out of my size. Would a gray or navy work as a go-to jacket, or should I keep searching for a black?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
It's not about the selvage it's about whether the hems are single stitched or chain stitched. Flat Heads, are, of course, chain stitched. So you want to find a place that offers chainstitching, it might be a little more expensive, and it's not 100% necessary, but you sound like you want to keep it authentic and you spent enough of those jeans that an extra couple dollars for a chainstitch is probably worth it. And if you ask them to give you the fabric they hem from your flat heads they should definitely oblige. Using it to reinforce your nudies sounds like a good plan.
Or get Nudie's email/mailing address and they'll mail you out a repair kit.

xeanatic

Reaction score
2 quick questions:

1 how do y's shoes by yohji yamamoto fit? true to size?

2 what is the best way to clean a white leather jacket?

thanks in advance

Lysol

Reaction score
RRL Slim Straight (rinsed wash, not raw). Thinking of picking up one of the pairs that are floating around on the internet right now. I'm sure this has been covered already but being a three-letter word, RRL has been returned zero results with the search function.

a) What is the fit on these like? I like slim jeans, not skinny jeans. A comparison to New Standards would be the easiest point of reference. Any fit pics you can link here?

b) The tagged size / actual size is all over the place on these. Is this inconsistency simply the reason that people are picking them up at places like Marshalls or is the waistband intentionally larger because these sit lower on the hips? For reference I am a 29 in New Standards, and a 31 in most other jeans. I was going to pick up a pair in 31 but the seller says that the waist measures 32.5.

DocHunter

Reaction score
How should my Nudie RRDS fit right out of the box?

Should they be "hardly able to button them?"

What's the shrink and stretch like on these too? I have a 32 that is loose on the waist right out of the box. A 31 would fit almost perfect right out of the box, but they only have 30 in stock. The 30's would be quite tight out of the box. Should I go with the 30's or try to find a 31?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads