• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chessman305
Does anyone have a list of stores with nice t-shirts dressy enough to be worn out with jeans?

Banana Republic
J.Crew (esp. Jaspe tees)
Target Mossimo tees

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz

picked up this polo by ralph lauren sport coat from macy's for $60, deal?

looks like a good deal to me, you arent going to find them much cheaper.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I lack cohesion within my personal style.

I am drawn to all kinds of different looks and profiles. I realize that to some degree this could be benificial, but at this point I don't know how best to blend the looks and profiles to come up with a look that is cohesive and more importantly within my means.

In times past I have tried to acquire basics but after a while I tire of them, or my perception of fit changes.

I am not looking to establish ONE solitary look for myself by any means, but for the most part I would like to start over.

Here are the handful of pieces I have now that I wish to keep, could some of you suggest some additional pieces that are affordable or worth investing in that would give me a sense of cohesion as well as wiggle room

JtG Button Down
Red MjKrell Chambray
Blue Koto Chambray
Fink grey crewneck sweater
White J Crew OCBD
KMW Rockers
Levis 511 khaki/navy
Brown Longwings
Navy Chucks

I have been here for a while, and used the forum for ideas etc. I am not looking for fashion advice like I said. I just want to look appropriately modern, yet not like a douche.

I really need outerwear advice, but overall advice would be appreciated too.

I just kind of feel like I am in a rut.

sorry to make a colin powell gif-worthy post but

robbie

If it means anything, I tend you think you have a better sense of style than most of the people of SF because your fits exude character while most people simply go out and buy whatever they are told to and don't really wear their clothes but rather let their clothes wear them, err if that made sense.

If anything I would suggest is a good pair of boots, nice dress/work boots. Pricey, but there's LOT's of well priced options on the B&S pages of here and SuFu, and sales and discounts and etc. They don't need to be very flashy and surprisingly can be very dressed down.

And how willing are you for DIY projects? I'm sure with a sewing machine, some trial and error, you can have a closet full of shirts as well fitting as you'd like with the fraction of a cost of OTR.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you ID the frames? thx

donovan0000.jpg

Johnny Sneakers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chessman305
Does anyone have a list of stores with nice t-shirts dressy enough to be worn out with jeans?
dressy tshirt?
PL-90387A-lg.jpg
What do you mean?

KenN

Reaction score
Anyone own any Yohji Yamamoto's Coming Soon stuff? How do you feel about the choice of fabrics and the cut of the garments? The waist of the trousers that I tried on was see through (almost lace-like) and the crotch dropped real low. I didn't bother trying out their blazers, anyone else able to comment on the rest of the line?

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Does SecretService.LA offer 25% off on all clothing including KMW and Crate denim?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ProLogic
Yeah that is. Do you have any recommendations?

I know a lot of people have them, but I just wear Converse Chucks. They're classic and go with everything. Other people on here like Vans shoes but I don't really care for them.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tailor Question:
I went to get the sides taken in on one of my shirts, and instead of just taking in the sides, the tailor went and took in the entire side of the shirt all the way down to the waist/hips area, where it is to the point where i can no longer even get the shirt on... the shirt is obviously ruined and i am out the tailoring fees, I am going to go back and ask for a refund, but should the tailor be responsible for the cost of my shirt as well?

Anyone have similiar experiences?

JaPo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Tailor Question:
I went to get the sides taken in on one of my shirts, and instead of just taking in the sides, the tailor went and took in the entire side of the shirt all the way down to the waist/hips area, where it is to the point where i can no longer even get the shirt on... the shirt is obviously ruined and i am out the tailoring fees, I am going to go back and ask for a refund, but should the tailor be responsible for the cost of my shirt as well?

Yep, that $5000 limited edition Borrelli you entrusted him with.

Good luck.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Tailor Question:

Imo, he owes you the value of the shirt.

If I take my car to an auto-shop because I need the oil changed, and he gives it back to me totaled, I'm sure as hell going to expect more money than the $29.99 I paid him to change the oil.

There is a long thread somewhere in MC where this was discussed. I couldn't find it with a quick search though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads