• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unique or not, a yellow button down is a great piece to have in your closet; it adds fun color and works neatly in a lot of situations- it is also somewhat seasonal which I enjoy. After I do some spring cleaning, I might invest in one.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know here I can find the Dior (or so I think...) sneakers in the ad below? I'm pretty confident they are a past season, but was hoping maybe they were reproducing them or they are a new version since the ad (even though it's actually a Burberry ad...) is new.

burberry-sport-spring-2009-02.jpg

burberry-sport-spring-2009-front.jpg

insp86

Reaction score
Quick question:

I've been wearing a pair of dry nudies for about 3 weeks and I just noticed I have a little bit of a crease forming in the lower leg, kinda off the side of my shin. I think it is from how it was folded/stacked before I bought them.

Is there any reason why I can't iron that out so it doesn't become a noticeable (more noticeable) crease as these wear over the coming months?

Along the same lines, do ya'll hang your jeans at night to prevent stuff like this from happening?

Thanks!

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Does anyone know here I can find the Dior (or so I think...) sneakers in the ad below? I'm pretty confident they are a past season, but was hoping maybe they were reproducing them or they are a new version since the ad (even though it's actually a Burberry ad...) is new.

burberry-sport-spring-2009-02.jpg

burberry-sport-spring-2009-front.jpg

These look really close except the sole is brown

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0735cat3260731

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why do people avoid tan/khaki color tops? I think they look good with jeans.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I am still trying to find a suit for my wedding, my budget is limited. EXTREMELY LIMITED. I had planned on spending about 100-150$ on seperates at H&M but ...

I am still not 100%

are the regular suits much different than the 'designer collection'? I called all three of the H&M's in St Louis and they said they carried suits, but not the 'designer collection' suits which the Chicago store carries.

I looked online, and saw nothing really about suits... or a designer collection.

The lack of information on their website is nerve racking.

I know i missed out on S&H on gilt, but does anyone have any suggestions of decent or atelast tailorable suits I could get for about 100-150$ a piece?

I forgot to mention. I am wanting to get suits for myself and my groomsmen so I'd need them to be available in a fairly wide array of sizes.

robbie

genericman

Reaction score
This or that? I'm looking for something similar to the BoO Coast Guard Jacket.

Uniqlo
al0nsg.jpg

or

AA(in yellow with white contrast zip)
saz41u.jpg

The AA fits well and looks good, but the quality is suspect. I have yet to try on the Uniqlo. Has anyone have experience with the Uniqlo (slim?, sleeves) ?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Uniqlo one is probably decent if a bit plain...American Apparel is almost guaranteed to fall apart or feel cheap...look up Chrono's WESC windbreaker. Club Monaco has a yellow windbreaker that's a bit different that I wore in WAYWT a few weeks ago; I kopped that **** for like thirteen bucks or something wonderful like that.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i like the uniqlo one, was gonna buy it but I have NDG marine parka and that trumps anything I can wear on a rainy day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads