• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree about the end.

On a separate note, does anyone feel like Netflix is worth the monthly subscription (I currently pay the $10.99)? I struggle to find something to watch. Rewatched The Imitation Game for a second time yesterday (good flick). The Netflix originals are cool but I feel like a Redbox subscription may better suit my taste. I just want to see the latest movies that I do not watch at the theatre.

Does anyone find more use with an upgraded Netflix plan?

Netflix is the one digital subscription I couldn’t see myself without. Love it and feel it’s worth every penny.

I agree the movie selection isn’t always as filled out as I wish it was, but I usually find something worth watching.

It’s TV and original content where Netflix really shines. I’m always discovering something new to watch.

Speaking of which has anyone watched the 4 part documentary series The Toys That Made Us? It’s amazing. Highly entertaining and right up the alley of anyone who grew up as part of that generation. I can’t recommend it enough. There’s 4 more episodes coming next year and I can’t wait to see the one on Transformers.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cable binged on season 10 of the X-Files, interesting mix of the best elements of the past and some off the wall humour. Everything old is new again. New season starts tomorrow night. I wonder if the truth behind the long running conspiracy will be revealed.

Last edited:

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
‘Creed 2’ Lands Romanian Boxer Florian Munteanu As Ivan Drago’s Son

‘Flash’ Standalone Film Taps Directors John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein (EXCLUSIVE)
“Vacation” helmers John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are in negotiations to direct “Flashpoint,” the Flash standalone movie starring Ezra Miller.

Warner Bros. had no comment.

The studio had initially courted Ben Affleck to return to the director’s chair, but he passed on the gig. By tapping Daley and Goldstein, the studio seems to eye a comedic tone for the film, given the duo’s directing background on movies like “Vacation” and the upcoming “Game Night,” starring Jason Bateman.

The two are no strangers to the comic-book world, having penned the script to the smash hit “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” which they were also on the shortlist to direct.

Flashpoint” had been on hold since director Rick Famuyiwa stepped away from the project. While looking for his replacement, the studio decided to take the script in a different direction. Joby Harold has turned in a new draft after a page-one rewrite.

Executives took their time in finding a new helmer because Miller, who plays the speedy superhero, is busy getting ready to shoot “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald,” the second installment in the “Fantastic Beasts” franchise.

This comes as Warner Bros. is reshuffling the DC Universe with New Line exec Walter Hamada recently promoted to oversee its comic book movies. The studio also recently tapped Michael De Luca as a producer on the “Suicide Squad” sequel.

Daley and Goldstein are repped by UTA and Fourth Wall Management.

DTru6d9U8AAP9wY.jpg

http://collider.com/ant-man-and-the-wasp-image-paul-rudd-evangeline-lilly/

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I still find it hillarious how big of a name The Avengers has become. It used to be such a B team. Well behind the X-Men and JLA in popularity and name recognition. Hell even the Fantastic Four were more well known.

Now you see kids everywhere with Cap and Hulk shirts.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just saw Thor: Ragnarok. That was really great. Really no complaints at all. I don't get the love for the Valykrie. She was fine but also wasn't especially charismatic or a fun-to-watch fighter.
What I especially liked was the overall trippy look and the way the jokey script overlayed some pretty good character development and relationships.

Edit: The use of Zeppelin's Immigrant Song could not have been any better. It set the tone for everything.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been watching Altered Carbon on Netflick slick post Blade Runner visuals and a clever mix of cyber noir, advanced tech and military elements in the narrative. Remember reading the book early this century :eek:never read the others due to the fact that militarized cyberpunk is not my thing.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just saw Thor: Ragnarok. That was really great. Really no complaints at all. I don't get the love for the Valykrie. She was fine but also wasn't especially charismatic or a fun-to-watch fighter.
What I especially liked was the overall trippy look and the way the jokey script overlayed some pretty good character development and relationships.

Edit: The use of Zeppelin's Immigrant Song could not have been any better. It set the tone for everything.
Crazy that I am, I started to watch it again. Having seen it once, I can take it in pieces, now.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got my Black Panther tickets for the 22nd and am so glad most theaters around me have switched from 3D showings to 2D showings. Gonna see it at the Lincoln Sq IMAX theater :slayer:.

I'll be avoiding this thread, blogs, FB, and Twitter once the 15th/16th hits :laugh:.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads