• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No not really. I stopped keeping track of the value of my collection when I lost interest in collecting them but I don't think my collection is worth that much anymore.

Hardly anyone buys them for collector value anymore. I haven't in years. Just using this as a way to flip some old comics I had sitting in long boxes in storage for some cash. They will drop again in value once the movie hype dies down.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
img_0624-jpg.1956665

DGovov0WAAAMMVa.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks great! Glad they managed to not make his movie design look like a Terminator reject.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
954729-1455640935.jpg

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish they would have made his hair completely white and given him an outfit that looks a little more advanced being that he's from the future. Big shoulder pads and a more blue/navy color scheme (with hints of gold) and lots more pouches would be nice too.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wish they would have made his hair completely white and given him an outfit that looks a little more advanced being that he's from the future. Big shoulder pads and a more blue/navy color scheme (with hints of gold) and lots more pouches would be nice too.

Chris Evans' shoulders you think? lol!
Josh%20Brolin%20Cable%20Deadpool.jpg
winter-soldier.jpg

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More like

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

Something similar to Crossbones' costume from Civil War without the gauntlets and helmet obviously wouldn't be bad either
c6.png

c5.jpg

c7.jpg

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't get his connection to Deadpool, but I think Brolin was a pretty inspired choice. (Looks like he's been through some **** since the Goonies!).

Agree that white or all-gray hair would have been better, but the makeup is outstanding. The only thing I don't like is this modern propensity for the military/tactical look in terms of these dark nubbly fabrics; just makes it look too ordinary, or like they're afraid of looking too cheesy.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cable's character has grown over the years, but he will always be a symbol of what was wrong with comics in the 90's in my mind.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also there is apparently a meme about Liefeld and various artists never showing his feet over the years? I don't know much about that, but some want it to see it carried over into the film as a meta-joke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads