• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always like Jimmy Smits, I hadn’t seen any trailers or cast lists so nice to see him back as Bail.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know what I was expecting, but I was not expecting Leia and Alderaan.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First two episodes felt like they dragged on a bit. Could be a hangover from Mando season 3.

And I can’t believe I’m saying this because it’s Star Wars, but I feel like the visual effects in the MCU series are noticeably better than SW.

At least we got the heck off of Tattooine.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Episode 2 got all cyberpunk, which at least was different. It's not bad but a bit aimless, lots of running around and then more running around. I thought Flea was great, actually, as was the young Leia, and the revelation (to Obi-Wan at least) that Darth Vader is alive was well done.

Last edited:

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Episode 2 got all cyberpunk, which at least was different. It's not bad but a bit aimless, lots of running around and then more running around. I thought Flea was great, actually, as was the young Leia, and the revelation (to Obi-Wan at least) that Darth Vader is alive was well done.

Yeah it’s enough to get me to keep watching, for sure.

Hard to put my finger on exactly what’s bugging me; it just seems a bit…clunky and slow so far.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as was the young Leia
When she first showed up in episode one, I'm like, noooooooo. Not another chatty precocious kid.
But then they reveal she's Leia, and she really can deliver her lines.
And for some reason every time she's running her ass off to get away from someone, it's really funny.
And she seems to do that a lot.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought young Leia was a bright spot. The (adorable) actress captured OT Leia’s sass pretty well

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
44FB3F04-4F10-4C15-B889-668AA5ED28DC.jpeg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And I can’t believe I’m saying this because it’s Star Wars, but I feel like the visual effects in the MCU series are noticeably better than SW.

Depends on the show. Moonknight had garbage visual effects and Mando’s SFX was excellent.

She Hulk looks like a lot of fun, but everyone is pointing out they should have spent more time and money on the SFX for her.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So which one are you?
Popcorn eater. I don't have the energy after arguing about clothes, Putin, guns, Trump, GQP-tards, etc.

Also, too busy laughing at new Kids in the Hall. Brilliant!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda bold for this week to start a series with a school shooting…

I thought the same watching the Jedi temple scenes….

I don't know what I was expecting, but I was not expecting Leia and Alderaan.

RIGHT!

First two episodes felt like they dragged on a bit. Could be a hangover from Mando season 3.

Yes, new planets, new worlds….

I enjoyed Flea, as dirt bag, low rung criminal.

Seeing Alderaan and young Leia we’re both great.

Until I heard showrunner talking about, I don’t think I realized that at this point, Obi Wan has no idea Vader survived… the revelation and its emotional effect was done well.

When she first showed up in episode one, I'm like, noooooooo. Not another chatty precocious kid.
But then they reveal she's Leia, and she really can deliver her lines.
And for some reason every time she's running her ass off to get away from someone, it's really funny.
And she seems to do that a lot.
Yeah I thought young Leia was a bright spot. The (adorable) actress captured OT Leia’s sass pretty well

Yes, to both, Alderaan in it’s prime was really cool to see, and Leia as a character, and the actess were great. I initially had same reaction as @mhip…. Then was pleasantly surprised.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leia as a character, and the actess were great. I initially had same reaction as @mhip…. Then was pleasantly surprised.
Ditto. Star Wars doesn't have a great track record with child actors, so seeing one that was not unwatchable was a breath of fresh air from the franchise.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes of Obi-Wan and enjoyed them very much. Good fun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads