• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

brokencycle

Reaction score
You know, idly reflecting on this for a few seconds, I think I'd put The Rise of Skywalker in the same group as the prequel trilogy at the bottom of the list of SW films.

Respectfully disagree as I thought The Force Awakens was the worst of the new trilogy. I can't give over Death Star 3 and the complete lack of context for The New Order.

The big knock I have against Skywalker is the weird Rey is actually Palpatine's grand daughter piece. If she had stayed a nobody, the story would have been much better.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree as I thought The Force Awakens was the worst of the new trilogy. I can't give over Death Star 3 and the complete lack of context for The New Order.

The big knock I have against Skywalker is the weird Rey is actually Palpatine's grand daughter piece. If she had stayed a nobody, the story would have been much better.

I'd only put TFA a little higher; it was entirely derivative, but at least it allowed all sorts of possible directions for the story to go - and indeed TLJ shows one way that could be done that wasn't what people expected (and certainly not what some people wanted).

TROS on the other hand is just full of bad film-making, ridiculous plotting and a complete lack of concern for character development, which go far beyond just the Palpatine thing and the virtual dismissal of everything that happened in the previous film, all just papered over by making it extremely fast.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me too.

But since I'm enjoying this feeling of anticipation so much, I'm planning to hold off on watching it indefinitely.

This way I can get infinite joy out of it.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Yeah that was actually kinda cool about the 2nd movie I thought.
I assume that actually represented a change in thinking between flicks. Wasn't the primary point of the scene with the urchin kid sweeping up at the end of whichever of those movies it was showing that he's force-sensitive to add some emotional resonance to the whole "The Force is egalitarian and not (exclusively) dynastic" theme?

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like Star Wars is going to be just fine.

50D7101D-4BB2-4BE4-AD99-F1F500AE2447.jpeg

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I assume that actually represented a change in thinking between flicks. Wasn't the primary point of the scene with the urchin kid sweeping up at the end of whichever of those movies it was showing that he's force-sensitive to add some emotional resonance to the whole "The Force is egalitarian and not (exclusively) dynastic" theme?

That's what I got out of it. I don't deep dive into SW as much as true fans, but, that message was pretty on the nose. Haven't seen the new one yet. Not saying I won't, but it's not on my list of priorities.

brokencycle

Reaction score
That was kinda the point of the first one, right? Luke was just some kid on the backwater planet. Later we find out his father is the badass Sith dude, but there is a weird green alien and who knows about that Ben guy.

Then the prequels added the whole midiclornian nonsense.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I always thought this. TFA wasn’t a remake of StarWars so much as a remix of the themes and certain elements of the whole OT.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're going to Disneyland late next week. The reviews for the new Rise of the Resistance ride are good but there's a good chance that we won't even make it onto the ride because the lines are so long and the FastPasses for the whole day get snapped up in like a minute and a half after the park opens.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're going to Disneyland late next week. The reviews for the new Rise of the Resistance ride are good but there's a good chance that we won't even make it onto the ride because the lines are so long and the FastPasses for the whole day get snapped up in like a minute and a half after the park opens.
Update: we got on Rise of the Resistance on Friday; we didn't try to get passes on Saturday. The ride was cool and definitely more of an "experience" than any other ride I've been on at an amusement park. It's not particularly exciting as a ride--it's more of a tour through a storyline. Anyway: we enjoyed it and I'm glad we managed to get passes. They were all gone in about ten seconds from the moment they became available.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads