• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I doubt it will happen, at least for this film. Kylo has to carry over for two more films and his lightsaber is very much part of what Disney hopes becomes his iconic design. Why draw attention to such an obvious fault (if it is one) when he would be using again in future movies. If it happens it will likely be in the final film of this trilogy.

I guess I had missed this in the (limited) stuff I've read about the movie. Is Kylo Ren confirmed for three movies?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm not saying they will show it as a weakness.

I'm saying they will show it as a strength when he happens to catch a blow with it... And all of the nerds will groan because the blow just happens to hit on the red part instead of at the intersection (which would be more likely in a real sword fight).

Ah... Gotcha.

Yes, I am sure he will use the blades in a fight. That's a given.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't Colbert or someone theorize that the side-blades actually do extend into the handle, and the metal tubes everyone freaks out about as a "weak point" are actually there to keep Ren from burning his own hands on the blade?  
http://io9.com/stephen-colberts-defense-of-the-new-lightsaber-is-delig-1665665109

Seems like there's at least one way this makes sense.  Probably a few other ways that could be figured out as well.  

either that or can't be cut by lightsaber - like staffs that Grevious Guards used or can be cut through
we don't really know

I'd guess you can't just cut through them but that's just a guess, doubt we will see that

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I guess I had missed this in the (limited) stuff I've read about the movie. Is Kylo Ren confirmed for three movies?

Yes. He's carrying over to future films. All the main (new) cast is.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They must have seen this thread and fixed it in post-production.

This was such a great post. I'm still laughing at it. Well done.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dat English accent though

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't see that, it's too small.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Right. I always thought that was obvious.

It's kind of cruel if you think about it, though. Our heroes repeatedly kill people who are trying to capture them alive. Leia does it at the beginning of Star Wars and she's still doing it in Return of the Jedi, when the imperials repeatedly try to take them prisoner but never shoot them even though they have many opportunities.

ETA: doesn't Vader say in Return of the Jedi that he wants the rebels on Endor captured? He doesn't say "alive" but it seems to be implied. There's no other explanation for what happens.

Last edited:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stone age Ewoks massacring riflemen makes no sense no matter how you spin it, 400 conquistadors took out a kingdom because they had rifles and armor, yet we see bunch of marsupialed teddy bears taking on an empire army and whooping their ass

the movie would be ton better without marsupialed ewoks, or at least with ewoks dying to divert attention of troops from Han and his squad

but yeah Luca$

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

EDIT: Let me know if this video works. I can't actually view YouTube at work. :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads