• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone picked up the Mr.Bathing Ape suit. Thank god, it was taunting me at $357. Now just for that patchwork Lanvin Bag to be picked up so I can be free again!

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the mr bathing ape suit/jacket measurements throw me off though, size 48 with 15.5 shoulders? damn that fits really narrow.

my shirts have about 17.5, i can't imagine wearing a jacket over and imagine the restricted arm movement..

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is for those small japanese kids! Needed a spring/summer suit for a wedding this month too...

Vaudevillian

Reaction score

the mr bathing ape suit/jacket measurements throw me off though, size 48 with 15.5 shoulders? damn that fits really narrow.

my shirts have about 17.5, i can't imagine wearing a jacket over and imagine the restricted arm movement..

mmm, I've been tempted by those suit jackets too. Still, I'm a bit skeptical about the brand credentials outside the realm of street wear. I mean, is this a stunt (like, let's put out a jacket at 900$ for publicity's sake) or is it actually something that deserves such a hefty price tag (let's forget for a moment the fact that it's heavily discounted now).

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can read an interview they had with Nigo here. I also like the wingtips, never became a big fan of the loafers.

reezy

Reaction score

Whoa...48 is a 15.5 shoulder? Dammit just need another inch and it will fit me.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I was going to say, what the hell is the "vintage shoe company"? I found their website and it's all we are a reputable maker since 18-dickity-three but I've never heard of them.

It's misleading. The parent company, H. H. Brown, has been making shoes since 1883, but VSC has only been around a year or two, as far as I can tell.

That's a damn shame, because I really need a casual brogue for when I wear jeans and a blazer...What do you recommend?

Grenson, Loake, AE, paul smith.
Or step up to Trickers and the like.

Yep, I was going to recommend Grensons, or Trickers for a little more.

Last edited:

Fred H.

Reaction score
Hickey Freeman (Online) -- Many items now 70% off. Just pulled the trigger on a NICE made in Italy linen shirt for $70. (Had one in my hands in Nordie Rack but failed to purchase).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads