1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

i live in snowy areas. try quoddy or yuketens.

2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

How are Yuks wearable in snowy regions??????????? They use soles that either they or Vibram tells the customers not to wear on slippery/ icy surface? I guess Quoddy has better soles but then I find Moc construction ugly so..

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  3. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

I wouldn't buy Sorel's to wear as a general winter boot. but they're great to have around when temps go down to -20c or even lower, or when you need to shovel a shitload of snow, or similar situations. I really don't give a shit how I look when I'm wading through half a meter of snow or freezing my feet off.

4. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

Those are some specialized boots!

1 person likes this.
  5. whatever123

yuketens are some of the best wet weather shoes around. they use the camp sole (boat sole) on many shoes and then of course the christy sole is excellent in snow and weather that is over the top.

another shoe to look at is russell moc.

quoddy stitches on their vibram sole. they are nice but can let water thru the stitching if you are in deep snow.

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Dam those Russel Moc boots are crazy! Thanks for the info will get a pair once I get into moc toes

7. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

There is no way you can possibly believe anything you just wrote. except for the last sentence i guess.

8. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

C'mon Barneys...what are you waiting for. Last year the second markdown would have started in 2 days.

9. whatever123

not sure what you mean.

if you like wearing ugly ass sorels during the winter thats cool. i wont wear them.

10. whatever123

russell is so slow with their orders though ... its like watching snow melt. you may want to call them or check out their sale list for shoes in your style/size. great shoes for winter.

11. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

^ in -30 C and 2 feet of snow...Sorels would not be a bad options. Just like Canada Goose, don't really wear to make a fashion statement, but purely functional.

I would prefer RM and Yuks over Quoddy anyday.

12. whatever123

in 2' of snow i suppose but i see people walking around in those hideous things when it rains. makes no sense. where i live a pair of yuketen maine guides would be more then adequate.

13. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Camp soles and Christy soles are like the two words choices for winter. They're terrible on ice, thin packed snow, slush, and heavy snow in the case of camp sole. they both slip and slide on anything that is slick and provide no grip.

I've worn both of these types of soles in the winter, in an area where I'm walking everywhere and not driving, and I can attest to how horrible they are. Also looking around at other people wearing boots with the same soles you can see them suffering as well. After having some lug soled boots for the bad days i'll never go back.

1 person likes this.
  14. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

^This.

Seen so many dudes last winter slipping/falling on their ass or walking extra careful like babies to not slip in the slush/snow while wearing their Christy-soled boots.

Lug soles will save you time and embarrassment.

15. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I like my giant busted black combat boots for the winter. Walk through anything

16. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

A few years ago I fell down the stairs of the Broadway-Lafayette subway station. Knew right away it was time for new boots. :embar:

17. georgesoros

georgesoros Member

I was at Barneys in SF yesterday and they were marking down some items while I was there. Bought a RRL sweatshirt that they just marked down to over 60% off.

18. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

After years of using Nike Air as my winter shoes Sorel was a godsend

19. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

fyi yuketens are ugly as sin too.

20. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Anyone know when the semi-annual sale at OAK starts? Or if they're having a winter sale? (I tried calling and emailing but got no answer)