• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was well aware of the consequences and it was the only place that had what I wanted.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
why didn't you just get it from barneys, it seemed like you tried saving $7+shipping and it backfired, did they not have your size ? next best thing would have been to call individual stores

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Pretty much solidifies the argument that most of the time it doesn't matter what a retailer does to make customers happy, most people would rather save a few bucks.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
why didn't you just get it from barneys, it seemed like you tried saving $7+shipping and it backfired, did they not have your size ? next best thing would have been to call individual stores
I bought them from Barney's and they sent me the wrong color and by the time I got them, the right color was sold out in every size. I wasn't trying to save money and I knew I was going to get charged customs, it was the only way to get them.

Rishin

Reaction score
Just recieved a bunch of stuff from Studiohomme that I had ordered for a family wedding which has now passed, 10 days late (I was told only after I had written to them asking why my order still hadn't shipped 6 days after it was placed, keeping in mind that delivery was promised by that 6th business day, that 'sale time is busy and we couldn't keep up with demand.' Could they not have informed me of this themselves or made a note on their website? Not hard to do.) and with UPS duties and fees equaling 40% of the value of the goods, negating the whole 'sale' aspect haha. For real, 40%. They also charge 30 EU for shipping (to Canada at least) and then if you need to return they charge you for the way back too which is whatever too I guess but would be nice if it was somewhat more reasonable. I know their stock differs alot from SH, but Oki-ni and LNCC are just unbeatable imo with the customer service.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was there a Patrik Ervell sale that I didn't know about? I checked some items on their site today and alot of it's gone?

delakingois

Reaction score
Project No.8 just hit 60%. Some Schneider left, and a lot of Margiela-shoes/sneakers. Would kop derbies and SS pullover if I had the money...
ffffuuuu.gif
http://www.projectno8.com/

89andy

Reaction score
not really, still 30%. What I really want to know is if they will discount even further, or is it just going to be 30% max.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
^How is their online inventory, up to date?

Ordered a bow tie from them last week, email yesterday saying it was OOS.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
^How is their online inventory, up to date?

Best bet is to call your local store and ask. They can check stock at all stores and help. Web usually takes a while to process...

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I ordered a couple of BoO shirts. Let's see if I get lucky.

edit. my local stores are in ny and there's nothing left.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads