• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may. I may also ban the term grailed.com. It's a cool site, but they were also using our PM system to try to recruit members, which is really not cool. I had to send them a strongly worded email and bcc it to our IP lawyer.

"Today we take care of all family business."

Or maybe I should just offer to buy grailed.com, and bring them under this umbrella. I wonder what they would want.

he once PM'd me on reddit to use the site haha, but ya definitely talk to the founder. as far as i know, he's working on the site full time and doesn't have a revenue model yet

rutabaga

Reaction score

I may.  I may also ban the term grailed.com.  It's a cool site, but they were also using our PM system to try to recruit members, which is really not cool.  I had to send them a strongly worded email and bcc it to our IP lawyer.

Or maybe I should just offer to buy grailed.com, and bring them under this umbrella.  I wonder what they would want.

IMO it's much easier to use than the marketplace here. Could use search but sorting is so helpful.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I may.  I may also ban the term grailed.com.  It's a cool site, but they were also using our PM system to try to recruit members, which is really not cool.  I had to send them a strongly worded email and bcc it to our IP lawyer.

Or maybe I should just offer to buy grailed.com, and bring them under this umbrella.  I wonder what they would want.

site is wildy overrated and all that **** can be had on ebay for cheaper don't do it

Leather

Reaction score
Grailed has a sale section now for discounted items on retailer sites, I believe they do make money that way.

tjonesd2

Reaction score
Grailed has turned into ebay flippers trying to save themselves having to pay fees. Nothing will beat the old SF b-s-t forums.... their ****** format kept those types away

4frnt

Reaction score
Navigating the SF marketplace is very discouraging, especially to those who are newer to fashion (maybe you are trying to keep it that way?). Is there any plan to revamp it? Grailed likely wouldn't exist if SF had a better marketplace interface

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I PM'd a guy on grailed saying that I saw the same listing on Styleforum (where he had posted it first and still had an active listing, and the item was cheaper) so I asked if we could just do the deal there. He wasn't very active on styleforum so I thought I'd message him through grailed.

I got a message shortly after from the site admin saying that I would be banned from grailed for trying to dodge their fees if I did it again.

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got that email too a while back, when Grailed first opened. He asked kindly though so it wasn't a problem to me. Grailed has fees now? I will completely stop using it if they do. Much smaller reach than eBay and even worse userbase.

Dbear: in my transaction, the only way he would've known is if they look through PMs.

Last edited:

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
afaik, the fee is the standard 4% pp fee. i think the only way they know if you made the transaction elsewhere is if you clicked "purchase" there but didn't pay on grailed via pp. they strong encourage paying through grailed page with pp. i wouldnt be surprised if theyre reading PMs tho.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How did they know, did they read the PMs?

The email says that the system flagged me, I have no idea how. I have the email but probably better not to put the site on full blast -- seems like its getting its fair share of criticism already.

Last edited:

dan138zig

Reaction score

Please stop spamming every fashion community out there. You guys have been on Reddit spamming, and it's because you're fishing for more click throughs for your affiliate links. You've done this before on StyleForum, and really - @LA Guy should just ban every link to your site, as he's done for other people who do this kind of thing.

I emailed them about this, and their reply was: "We’re just a site trying to reach out to potential readers. We don’t think we’re spamming, if we’re posting something maybe once a month. " :facepalm:

But that sale summary is actually helpful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads