1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sales Alert thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

if you said this aloud to anyone who hadn't read up on their menswear, they'd probaby think you were putting a hex on them.

23 people like this.
  2. althanis

althanis Senior member

Can you do anything with your credit card company? Seems pretty fucked up that they'd be selling something like that. You bought a new item, regardless of whether it was final sale or not, and that' snot what you got.

3. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

That's gross.

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Two things:

1) Probably a "no" with it being a gift, but could you just wash it? Point being that you probably got it at 40% off and then 40% off again. So you have to decide if it'd be worth it to keep it and launder it/get it dry cleaned.

2) Just reach out to them. Pick up the phone or email them. I emailed them with a situation I had two months after not getting an order and they acted within 24 hours returning the order no questions asked and giving me a coupon code. I wouldn't wait though considering your issue. I'd reach out to them right away.

5. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

In California there is no such thing as final sale. Just call them and if they don't refund, call your CC and they will. Consumer protection FTW.

6. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

How is this unique to California? Sounds like a consumer protection policy on individual cc accounts.

7. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

This is not true, as far as I can tell:

Some companies may limit exchanges or returns for credit or refunds on all, or some products. Some may not allow exchanges or returns for credit or refunds at all. But whatever the limitation, it must be conspicuously disclosed. Before making a purchase, carefully check the store's policy.

1 person likes this.
  8. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

This is however the case in the EU. According to EU law, you always have the right to a 14 day return period if you've bought stuff over the Internet, even if the stuff was on sale. This rule has some special exceptions of course, but they rarely come into play for the usual customer. For example, you obviously don't have the right to return if an item was custom made specially for you.

In other words, you should all proxy your purchases from someone in the EU. Problem solved! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  9. habitant

habitant Senior member

Living in NA the last thing you want to do is take a chance on EU products. The return process is very expensive.

10. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

NA as North America? Sure. I wouldn't return stuff to the EU then either. Also, since you're not buying from within the EU, you don't have the right to return stuff as I mentioned above. That only applies to EU countries. Now if a retailer lets you do so anyway, that's only out of goodwill.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  11. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Senior member

Whatever the legal technicalities may be, you'd think a store would go out of their way to repair that situation.

12. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

Unionmade should take care of this, but if they don't you should definitely contact your credit card company. They will likely side with you.

13. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

The OP hasn't stated any sort of resistance from UM on the issue. Yeah, it was messed up of them to sell a product in that condition, but I'm sure they'll resolve the situation, even in the case of final sale provided the proper evidence is there. Not that complicated guys. Don't think there's a need to quote california legislative law on goods sales...

This type of talk can cause rumors and a bad image for a store and blow things out of proportion. I'm assuming UM will resolve this quickly and appropriately.

1 person likes this.
  14. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

The sweaty final sale coat. Sounds like a bad Seinfield episode.

15. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

I only posted that because someone had mistakenly said that something was illegal when it is in fact not. No need for anyone to spread misinformation.

16. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Didn't mean to call you out specifically, just saying there's no reason to go into this deeper without the guy even taking any action yet.

1 person likes this.
  17. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

Thanks for the advice guys. A trip to the drycleaners should solve the sweat-stink issue, but it's infuriating to have to encounter such a situation.
    I'm away for work for at least the next month and had emailed UM about the problem - I didnt hear back (still haven't) so I wanted to know if I have any recourse. Next step is to get on the phone I guess.

P.S. Perhaps I should have known there was a problem with the coat, because it was still available at the tail end of the sale (8/18) [​IMG] ...

18. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

No, not at all. It's probably a simple case of something being returned and then not being checked over. In fact, I'm curious if maybe it smells like sweat but is something else. I received a jacket from a higher end brand that smelled like fish sticks. I reached out to them and they told me they all smelled that way due to a coating on the jacket. Another forum member confirmed the jacket they received also smelled that way also. The contact at the designer recommended airing it out, which I didn't think would work. However it actually did. I'm glad too because it was a steal of a deal and I wanted it to work. Anyway, the point is that sometimes coatings like wax, on most of my Barbours in fact, can smell. Also, the stuff I got at the tail end of the sale was all perfect.

I would just call them. Not sure what they'll do if you're not going to return it. They can be absent minded when getting back to you. They never did with my situation and I finally got back to them, but the "evidence trail" if you will very clearly showed I got someone else's item, sent it back to them and then never got my order.

1 person likes this.
  19. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

I bought a final sale jacket from Gant once that came clearly used, complete with a NYC Chipotle receipt in one of the pockets (no lie). They refunded no questions ask. Sorry if I implied you'd need to take legal action or some shit for UM to pay you back... I'm sure they will refund.

Yes stores can do final sale in Cali.... But everyone will refund if you whisper the magic words of 'give me my money back or I will sue you in California small claims court.' And always buy with an American Express. If you don't get what's advertised, fuck em.

1 person likes this.
  20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

A good way to get blacklisted as a problem customer, and retailers do talk to each other, especially if someone threatens to sue. Generally not worth it unless the retailer is obviously deliberately trying to screw you.