• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
That's the one I have. I went with my usual JP size of L (I am M in most other stuff), and it was fine. The shoulders are a tad narrow, but I'm wearing it as a casual jacket, so I really don't mind. The slimmer fit is quite nice. Keep in mind that the tweed is very rough, but it is lined everywhere except the back.

Even for XL it says 16 inch shoulders. Even my tight jacket has 17.7.
Do you think they might have 'undermeasured' here?

By the way, I remember your being interested in the 1915 Levis. Could you locate a pair? I was wearing mine the last few days and kind 'rediscovered' how nice they are. Nice cut, not too slim, not too wide, not too high rise, neither too low. Nice details like the different pocket stitchings and a special denim.

Last edited:

palma

Reaction score
Always with LN-CC, I used to think they had a moron for a webmaster, but now even I am starting to think they are trying to hustle the customer who does not know about not needing to pay VAT when shopping internationally. Unless, of course they are now not taking off VAT and considering that your duty charge, but I am pretty sure if they declare full value you will pay VAT and duty...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indigoeagle- My Large in the Beams+ blazer measures at least 17" in the shoulders. Like I said, I'm wearing it casually, so it doesn't bug me if it is a little small in the shoulders. It fits great everywhere else.

Nah, I didn't get the 1915s. From what I read, the denim is 9oz- too lightweight for me.

Last edited:

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Always with LN-CC, I used to think they had a moron for a webmaster, but now even I am starting to think they are trying to hustle the customer who does not know about not needing to pay VAT when shopping internationally. Unless, of course they are now not taking off VAT and considering that your duty charge, but I am pretty sure if they declare full value you will pay VAT and duty...

I believe to can agree to pay any duties that you will be charged.
They just have an account with the shipping company and absorb the fees when they do occur.

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
Wanna pick up some winter hats while all these sales are going on. Anyone ever handle highland winter hats?

hobojones

Reaction score
yo dudes im sitting here with cdg kyoto in my cart and I skimmed through this **** and y'all are freaking me out now. Should I not pull the trigger?

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yo dudes im sitting here with cdg kyoto in my cart and I skimmed through this **** and y'all are freaking me out now. Should I not pull the trigger?

I'm curious about the answer to this also. I purchase the CDG 2 man allready, but considering sending them an email to cancel my order if I'm going to encounter significant customs issues.

Last edited:

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, zissou, on the jacket.
Do you find the Donegal wool rather warm?

Yes, the fabric of the 1915 is pretty light weight. After soaking it's probably more like 10 or 11, though. I find it similar to the first MF Californians, which only came in one fabric.

Last edited:

Notre

Reaction score
I ordered Skai by CDG from overseas shop about a month ago. When I received the package there was no box and the bottle was bubble wrapped like crazy. Not sure what LN-CC does but I understand that sending something flammable overseas is tricky.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LNCC: "Afraid the code is Country specific, as certain brands have price guidelines and this code is restricted for use within the USA and Canada."

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, thx!
Any other "must buy" items during cyber-monday? I know it's a very general question, and I've read through the past 200 posts.

Since the price of that earbud already goes over 25, you might as well grab an Amazon Basics stylus. They are better than any of the capacitative I've used so far ($2~$40). Heck, grab two in case you lose one. That thing is much better than how much it costs.

link: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...53977136&sr=1-1&keywords=amazon+basics+stylus

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads