• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where is Leesburg corner? It also seems like it would make more sense to just send everything to a different outlet or to the online stock.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks BetterInLeather and zippy. I will look into UPS Access Centers. I will see if redirecting to a store is free now, it wasn't when I checked last year. I used to have everything shipped to work before I got laid off.

@thatboyo Like @stevent said I don't live in a bad neighborhood but theft has skyrocketed. Basically what is happening is there is a project a few miles away. While everyone is at work (with the exception of a handful of stay at home parents) they come over and steal stuff. They've been caught a few times (once for trying to break into someone's home while they were there) by the cops and tons of times by surveillance video but nothing ever happens. Then when they are caught by the cops they scream racism/racial profiling.

StevenT, you have UPS/FedEx hold it at their warehouse or store to pick it up?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On paper the neighborhood he's is in is the top .001%. That said robberies and stolen stuff skyrocketed maybe 10 years ago and hasn't really stopped. I've gotten enough packages jacked in similar fashion due to drivers not ringing bells or knocking and this was before my choice and stuff was out. I hold everything now if I'm getting packages to this area that doesn't need a signature. And notes and stuff don't help, drivers just do not care. Also if it was Fedex and after 3-4pm and long weekend you'll get delivery exception about half the time.
Completely off topic. an affluent community that is attached to a major metropolitan area is rife for this type of thievery. It's low risk and high reward. A small, isolated town that has low petty crime rates not just there, but also in neighboring areas, are the only real "safe" places. And gated communities, but even there, the security is artificial and porous.

Let's stop calling people dumbasses, even when you feel that they really deserve it, K?

Thanks guys.

Cheers,

FOk.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thx, definitely not gonna bother

NP. Having gone to dozens of NYC sample sales over the years, by general rule is to avoid any big brands that would attract tourists (JCrew, Gilt, RL), especially when they are held in high traffic areas. There are normally better deals to be had online.

Best sample sales are "smaller" brands that people who don't follow fashion wouldn't recognize.

thenewjs

Reaction score

has anyone gone to any of the gilt warehouse sales? I haven't even been on the site in a couple years, is the physical sale any good?

Is this the that travels from city to city?

If so, i hear its best to go at the first stop. Lots of it is returns or irregular items. Tickets to enter or for various time slots. Long lines to enter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads