• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Evodem

Reaction score
It runs snug, so if you're normally an S, a Med might work, especially if you want to layer. I'm normally an L and I opted for an XL after trying it on.

If you live near anywhere that sells the Dept (B) line you should go try it on

Sounds like the S would've been great since I'm normally an XS. I just googled though and a couple of stores in my area carry Barbour, not sure if it's specifically the Dept (B) line but I'll head out and try some stuff on first before I come back to wishing they had my size so I could buy it.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds like the S would've been great since I'm normally an XS. I just googled though and a couple of stores in my area carry Barbour, not sure if it's specifically the Dept (B) line but I'll head out and try some stuff on first before I come back to wishing they had my size so I could buy it.

It's a good size slimmer than most Barbour, arguably two sizes slimmer than much of their stuff.

DiezelEinstein

Reaction score
Regarding the Commander: I am about 5'11, 175lbs, athletic build, I almost always wear a medium, I went with medium and it fits very well

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Yeah it depends on where you carry your weight. I'm 5'11, 195 lbs, pretty built, usually wear a Large in everything but when I tried on the commander I had to size up to XL because the L was too tight in the shoulders/chest. If you have bigger than average shoulders/chest you should probably size up, otherwise you should take your normal size imo.

patagonianwild

Reaction score
And again, im also 5'11, and about 170lbs - the commander in medium fits me nicely, except in the armholes where it's ******* tight.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it depends on where you carry your weight. I'm 5'11, 195 lbs, pretty built, usually wear a Large in everything but when I tried on the commander I had to size up to XL because the L was too tight in the shoulders/chest. If you have bigger than average shoulders/chest you should probably size up, otherwise you should take your normal size imo.

Same deal for me. Ended up working out well cause at 6'3'' most jackets are too short in the arms for me, but the XL sleeves were just about perfect

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Allen Edmonds Strand (walnut) for $239 from Nordstrom. 
Thinking about picking them up for my wedding...wearing a navy 3piece suit.  I don't have a nice pair of brown dress shoes.  Too casual or a good deal???

Late to the party on this, but navy and walnut are perfectly fine in my book, but then again, I'm not about these "fashion" rules and I am also not a big fan of black shoes (other than with black or charcoal suits). I know the CM crowd will probably pull out their graph paper, rulers, color matching palette wheel, etc., but I rock navy and light brown tones all the time. If you're wedding is this summer, then even more reason to get them. I say do it and congrats!

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Late to the party on this, but navy and walnut are perfectly fine in my book, but then again, I'm not about these "fashion" rules and I am also not a big fan of black shoes (other than with black or charcoal suits). I know the CM crowd will probably pull out their graph paper, rulers, color matching palette wheel, etc., but I rock navy and light brown tones all the time. If you're wedding is this summer, then even more reason to get them. I say do it and congrats!
I'm kinda in the same boat as you...not a big fan of black shoes other than you described or black tie. I can understand the other comments saying Walnut may be a little too light tho. I was hoping to grab a darker shade of brown on sale but it looks like Nordstrom is only offering Walnut right now. Guess I have to make up my mind.

edit: thanks btw! the wedding is in early October so not quite summer but the weather should be pretty nice still.

Last edited:

siglo vi

Reaction score
-70% off visvim footwear at ssense in-store for montreal folk

prices are inflated so it equates to approx 50% japanese retail

fbt's are sold out obv

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no virgils right.. just called, they have some mid tops and something else, couldn't understand french accent. No virgils.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads