• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I emailed regarding the 50% off sales items since my orders were only sales items and was told those were incorrectly priced. So yes, it was really 50% off nothing.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

It is with great regret that we inform you that we have been forced to cancel your most recent order with Boylston Trading Co if placed within the past 36 hours. Our checkout system began discounting all products on our site rather than only those in the sale section. As soon as we became aware of this issue it was fixed by our tech team to ensure that the sale price only reflected sale items. In that time however, you had placed your order. We cannot apologize enough that you were affected by this issue and assure you that we meant absolutely no deceit in the price changes - it was strictly a technical error and again, it has been resolved. At this time we would first like to confirm for you that in cancelling your order, no funds were drawn from your account – you may see an authorization of the funds, but this will be released in 1-2 business days. You can confirm the exact time that this will be released with your bank (or we would be happy to contact them for you), if you foresee this being a financial burden of any degree. Finally, if you are still interested in the products you had purchased, we are fully prepared to offer you a 15% discount on your next order and will also include a complimentary Boylston Trading Co. pin set with your shipment. We understand that we very well may have compromised your trust in the wake of this issue, but assure you that our small team is dedicated to doing whatever it takes to regain said trust. If you have any questions, comments, concerns which we may have failed to address or if you would like to place an order with the aforementioned discount, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

All the best,

Miles McAlpin
Customer Care

Boylston Trading Co.

O: 857-453-2139

Now ya tell me?!? After I purchased my Danners from you for $3.75 I decided to take up mountaineering. I even bought crampons and an ice axe... you ever priced either of those? I hope I can cancel the Mt. Everest assault I just booked for May 2013 - $60k it was. Thought the Danners would look particularly nice atop the summit. A dream. Shattered. I'm gutted.

Last edited:

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know,

I would think -50% off of 75% off sale items w/o entering a code or any indication regarding such promo on the website's front page is probably going to result in a refund.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just posted this in the Barbour thread but wanted to let you dudes know as well:

Bloomingdales.com has waxed A7 internationals on sale for 209.50
ebates is another 6% off

so thats $174 shipped for a new A7.

limited sizes but a hell of a deal

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm glad they caught it and cancelled all you ******* vultures' orders.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm glad they caught it and cancelled all you ******* vultures' orders.

+1... most of the stuff is already really cheap anyway (plus the 15% off sufu code is still active)

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Times like this make me wonder just how much styleforum influences the economies of particular shops, especially the small ones. BTC probably did a google search and found this thread after they likely got a rush of orders. Also, the sense of entitlement makes me slightly sad for humanity.

itsmarcnotmark

Reaction score

+1... most of the stuff is already really cheap anyway (plus the 15% off sufu code is still active)

What is the Sufu code? I still want a few of the basics I ordered even though they got cancelled

malikadog

Reaction score
Damn sorry guys, I shoulda kept my mouth shut...I just figured I had to tell somebody so they could see for themselves. Shoulda known it wouldn't work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads