• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whyme?

Reaction score
i got that email ... you beat me to it unless you got screwed too
im like 0 for 4 (online purchases) this f/w11 with OC

wow, that's quick. Usually it takes them a lot longer to tell you that you got screwed...

I haven't gotten any emails from them yet... though it's probably just that they haven't gotten around to it, I'm sure I'll get the same one you did.

EDIT: Yep, just got the "sorry we couldn't find your item" email. lol, OC is such a ******* joke.

did anyone get their 70%-off-ervell OC order filled?

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my ervell order was cancelled as expected. The SAs are not very knowledgeable either, when i called for ervell in XS, the girl said "he doesn't make XS but his Small is very slim".

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
god i HATE when SAs do that ... i get that we are more educated than most customers but they should know more about what they are selling

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think their internal system's out of whack too. called their NY location on sunday looking for that last pocket sweater in xs, was told it was in stock at the Ace Hotel location. called there and of course it's nowhere to be found :brick:

Last edited:

ThomSquared

Reaction score
I just returned an Ervell suit to Gilt, any idea what they do with returns? Do they throw it back out to the wolves or send it back to Ervell?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of Ervell and Gilt, should the plethora of Ervell sales on the site last year be considered an anomaly or is there a good chance we see such a pattern again this year? Inventory for all Ervell stockists seems really picked over at the moment.

Oski

Reaction score
Ervell bomber from OC was cancelled :fu:
On the bright side my Porter order came in today.
Size 44 Rafstros were too big, going back unless someone wants them.
Paul Smith biker chinos and floral shirt are on point though.

Last edited:

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of Ervell and Gilt, should the plethora of Ervell sales on the site last year be considered an anomaly or is there a good chance we see such a pattern again this year? Inventory for all Ervell stockists seems really picked over at the moment.

pretty sure that what stockists have and what gilt has are not related....most stockists were picked over well before the gilt sale happened. I think that, at least for the first gilt sale each season, the stuff that gilt has was set aside for them in advance (or something like that). Plus they sometimes have stuff that didn't seem to be stocked by any stores... i.e. last spring summer (2010) I picked up a cotton overcoat from gilt that I had never seen at any of the stockists or even on the ervell website.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads