• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** - Rainchos, S-Capes, Rive Gauche coa

Kalec

Reaction score
Looks great, but I would like to have a raincho tho...

I have emailed them about whether they have a bright colored raincho in stock. However they still have two rainchos in "SLW mustard" unfortunately neither in my size and I don't like "SLW" version as well.

Maybe it is better to wait Japanese retailer sale season for a "mixed sand" raincho in the future. BTW they have a 50% off bumbreezer in chocolate just in cast anyone interested in.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I have wanted one of these coats for YEARS. I just picked uyp a grey herringbone double-breasted on ebay for £109! I was winning at £59 right to the end, when it shot up to £109, but I am still delighted. That price is an absolute steal. I just hope it fits me! (I still want a Rive Gauche and a Moscow....)

Ginuwine

Reaction score
Hey guys! I’m really interested in the SB in navy herringbone, does anyone have any experience with these prieces? Also please, can someone upload some photos of the Sb with no hood and collar up to see what it looks like! Much appreciated!!!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn anyone have the Walker Homme, and care to comment on their liking? Im looking for a "classic" looking raincoat (i.e., something that goes with a sort of utilitarian/workwear-esque wardrobe).

product_walker1.jpg

Last edited:

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I have wanted one of these coats for YEARS. I just picked up a grey herringbone double-breasted on ebay for £109! I was winning at £59 right to the end, when it shot up to £109, but I am still delighted. That price is an absolute steal. I just hope it fits me! (I still want a Rive Gauche and a Moscow....)

Follow-up: the coat arrived quickly and it is bloody gorgeous, and it oozes quality. It is also in very good shape (despite being quite old, I think - it seems barely worn), and fits very well. The colour is more a very dark navy - no complaint, it's beautiful.

BUT there is no hood! (My fault - I assumed there would be one, but in the pictures I now realise there wasn't). Which rather defeats the purpose! It's a very beautiful coat, especially at that price, so although the seller offered to refund me, I decided to keep it.

I emailed Norwegian Rain, who said they would look for a spare. They were not hopeful as it is an old model. There was nothing in Oslo, but they were looking in Bergen. I ddn't hear back from them for a while but they emailed this morning, and they have found one! They are charging a VERY reasonable EUR25 plus shipping. I expected to pay a LOT more so am doubly delighted.

Kalec

Reaction score
Just grab a M85 from yoox at an insane price point... The model is not in my range of NR coat but I mean the price tag is basically irresistible... 200 bucks for a coat costs originally euro 960 without import and sale taxes is a damn f**king steal while considering the fact NR wouldn't normally offer discount.
Plus details imply that there is even a "detachable inner" included, I am simply speechless.

Edit: I realize that it is probably an arctic version of M85, does anyone know the difference between summer one and winter one? One with liner and one without?

Last edited:

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Just grab a M85 from yoox at an insane price point... The model is not in my range of NR coat but I mean the price tag is basically irresistible... 200 bucks for a coat costs originally euro 960 without import and sale taxes is a damn f**king steal while considering the fact NR wouldn't normally offer discount.
Plus details imply that there is even a "detachable inner" included, I am simply speechless.

Nothing on Yoox that I can see. I do check Yoox for NR every now and again but it's very scarce. It's pretty scarce on ebay too.

Kalec

Reaction score
Nothing on Yoox that I can see. I do check Yoox for NR every now and again but it's very scarce. It's pretty scarce on ebay too.
Yeah there is only one M85 in Size S at that time and it runs out of stock once I buy it.
I really like the design of raincho and matchesfashion once had a great deal for raincho at 50% off price.
It seems that you still want a Moscow after all... I recall that a Russian website offers a great deal of Moscow *FEMME* in AW18 collection tho... not sure you want it regardless or not.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Yeah there is only one M85 in Size S at that time and it runs out of stock once I buy it.
I really like the design of raincho and matchesfashion once had a great deal for raincho at 50% off price.
It seems that you still want a Moscow after all... I recall that a Russian website offers a great deal of Moscow *FEMME* in AW18 collection tho... not sure you want it regardless or not.

Thanks. I am quite slim but I wouldn't put my figure as girlish, so I will pass on the Moscow for now, and dream... I live in London, so I am not sure how much use I would really get for it anyway. But isn't that what dreams are for?

Kalec

Reaction score
Thanks. I am quite slim but I wouldn't put my figure as girlish, so I will pass on the Moscow for now, and dream... I live in London, so I am not sure how much use I would really get for it anyway. But isn't that what dreams are for?
That's my thought as well. I have been in London for a couple of years and pretty sure Moscow is not an urgent one.
If you are interested in Rive Gauche, Japanese online have a great deal for the time being, not sure whether it is Homme or Femme tho. I haven't seen anywhere has discounted Raincho yet and definitely dreaming on it for a well.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
That's my thought as well. I have been in London for a couple of years and pretty sure Moscow is not an urgent one.
If you are interested in Rive Gauche, Japanese online have a great deal for the time being, not sure whether it is Homme or Femme tho. I haven't seen anywhere has discounted Raincho yet and definitely dreaming on it for a well.

Hey, thanks again! The Rive Gauche is amazing, but judging from the pictures in the listing it's a femme. Happily my wife already has a raincoat she really likes.

ndeane

Reaction score
Hi All, new member here, but longtime Norwegian Rain obsessive. I have a Moscow Femme in XS (black) which I bought secondhand with tags for my wife. It arrived appearing unworn with tags still on it, but it ended up being too small. If anyone is interested it's in new condition and ready to ship for $350. Take a look at the attached photos, and I can send more detailed photos upon request.

Also, I'm on the hunt for a Moscow Homme in small or medium, if anyone has a line on one of those please let me know!

Thanks All.

Attachments

• MoscowFemme1.png
    MoscowFemme1.png
    288.7 KB · Views: 88
  • MoscowFemme2.png
    MoscowFemme2.png
    580.1 KB · Views: 83
  • MoscowFemme3.png
    MoscowFemme3.png
    555.5 KB · Views: 87
  • MoscowFemme4.png
    MoscowFemme4.png
    369.3 KB · Views: 95

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All, new member here, but longtime Norwegian Rain obsessive. I have a Moscow Femme in XS (black) which I bought secondhand with tags for my wife. It arrived appearing unworn with tags still on it, but it ended up being too small. If anyone is interested it's in new condition and ready to ship for $350. Take a look at the attached photos, and I can send more detailed photos upon request.

Also, I'm on the hunt for a Moscow Homme in small or medium, if anyone has a line on one of those please let me know!

Thanks All.

Can you post some measurements on this? Wife falls between xs and s usually.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, I've attached the measurements from the website, if you'd like any other dimensions let me know and I can measure and reply.

View attachment 1422955

Thanks, assuming these are exterior, do you know how thick the lining is roughly? Where was it too tight on your wife? 37 inch waist seems really big for an XS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads