• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

*** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** - Rainchos, S-Capes, Rive Gauche coa

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Last edited:

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What temperature ranges does this stuff work in?

Is it is 65F and raining, will it run too hot?

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
According to Alexander from Norwegian Rain the Moscow is good until -25C. (The bottom coat).

The rest are for summer/fall in Scandinavia, so you be good up until 15ish c, maybe a little warmer without sweating your ass of.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

happyriverz

Reaction score
I have both the single breasted raincoat (with the detachable liner) and the Moscow for about a year so I can speak from some experience wearing the brand.

The single-breasted works fine for me from about 70 to 35ish Fahrenheit. I originally ordered the detachable liner thinking that it would work in for even colder temperatures, but with the liner, the SB becomes too small to wear over sportcoat/sweater/shirt layers in the fall, and the ribbed cuff on the liner makes it impracticable for me to wear a sportcoat under there. However, if you only wear the SB over a knit or a shirt, I think getting the liner would be great.

The Moscow can handle the cold: I live in Chicago, and this thing has kept me warm when it's 0 degrees Fahrenheit outside, with wind chill down in the -20s while waiting for the subway on an elevated, open-air platform. It is roomy enough to layer a sportcoat, sweater, and shirt over. The Moscow doesn't have a ribbed cuff, so it works better if you do decide to layer another jacket underneath it. The Moscow has a beautiful A-line silhouette that drapes wonderfully.

I wear both of these Norwegian Rain coats with both casual on the weekends and more "menswear" items during the work week, and I think they can integrate easily with both kind of aesthetics.

mistersparkle

Reaction score
I thought that this was an incredibly badass garment when I saw how T Michael wears it.
The thing is: that guy probably still looks like a badass in pajamas.

Hope to see some fit pics with regular people. I bought a Rains poncho, which looked in their marketing photos, but in real life I looked like a doomsday prepper.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re. the S-Cape - It is actually an amazing garment if you actually live in Bergen (I did for a summer) where it rains and rains and rains, and these are not showers. You can keep everything under the garment, and more importantly, the A shape will also keep your pants from getting soaked. That said, I prefer the raincho. I just got Jen one for Valentine's Day, and it is amazing. Going to get one for myself for either the spirng or next fall, either in black or, if I can find it, black herringbone. I too, wish to look like a Jedi.
I've ordered a couple of things so far from Baby and Co and they are selling Norweigan Rain coats. I believe they have that piece as well as others.

Last edited by a moderator:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have both the single breasted raincoat (with the detachable liner) and the Moscow for about a year so I can speak from some experience wearing the brand. 

The single-breasted works fine for me from about 70 to 35ish Fahrenheit. I originally ordered the detachable liner thinking that it would work in for even colder temperatures, but with the liner, the SB becomes too small to wear over sportcoat/sweater/shirt layers in the fall, and the ribbed cuff on the liner makes it impracticable for me to wear a sportcoat under there. However, if you only wear the SB over a knit or a shirt, I think getting the liner would be great. 

The Moscow can handle the cold: I live in Chicago, and this thing has kept me warm when it's 0 degrees Fahrenheit outside, with wind chill down in the -20s while waiting for the subway on an elevated, open-air platform. It is roomy enough to layer a sportcoat, sweater, and shirt over. The Moscow doesn't have a ribbed cuff, so it works better if you do decide to layer another jacket underneath it. The Moscow has a beautiful A-line silhouette that drapes wonderfully. 

I wear both of these Norwegian Rain coats with both casual on the weekends and more "menswear" items during the work week, and I think they can integrate easily with both kind of aesthetics. 
I'm so glad I sized up.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.