• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL: iPad 2.0 Apps You Must Have Apps

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tapatalk is pretty amazing. Browsing the forum on my phone is now a delight rather than a chore.

I consider all-around essential apps to be:

Instapaper
Simplenote (with companion desktop software such as Resophnotes for PC)
Smartr
Dropbox
Reeder
Wikipanion
Mint.com
OnTheFly

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Piob - how do you find the interaction between the iPad and your Android phone? On the non-native aps, does data flow well between the two devices or are there hiccups?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use SportsTap to follow games - it's very uncluttered and you can easily set up alerts for certain teams or sports/games.

JRM

Reaction score
Am thinking of getting an Ipad but I wanted to see if anyone has any idea on how to do the following or if anyone has tried this before.

- I currently log into my work laptop from my home PC by using a VPN client(Nortel Networks Contivity client) to log on to my company's network and then running Microsoft Terminal Services Client(MSTSC) to access my work laptop. I would like to do the same or similar with the Ipad.

I have seen that there is a Remote Desktop app for IPAD that is similar to MSTSC but is there a VPN client available(or built in) for Ipad? I have seen on some blogs stating that there is a VPN setting built-in for Ipads? Anyone heard of this or doing this?

much thanks
- JR

helmet

Reaction score
Is this really the type of stuff that people do with ipads? Good grief. With a couple of exceptions, all that was just fancy versions of 'solitaire' (ways to kill time). I saw the apple commercials and people were exploring the universe with their fingures and creating awesome spreadsheets (with graphs), and reviewing all the organs of the human body, and stuff.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
PlatterSpeed - an app from the great Dr. Feickert for checking turntable speed. App is free but requires a test record. Works very well and accurately.

Audio Tools by Studio Six Digital which has a Real Time Analyzer and Sound Pressure Level meter. $20.

marrylin

Reaction score
Works very well and accurately. Audio Tools by Studio Six Digital which has a Real Time Analyzer and Sound Pressure Level meter.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 60 mins app is well worth it. It's $5 and you can see any number of 60 mins eps. It also has a lot of Andy Rooney's commentaries. I've used it a lot.

I'm not sure if there is an iPad version, but for phone I have been using the Jew or not Jew app. It's a database of jews so you can tell who is a jew while on the go. It even has a random jew feature where you can identify jews you might not have been aware of before.

There is a Game of Thrones app that's just a searchable list of all the chars and houses in the book series. A good app to have if you read the series since there is an endless amount of both that get referenced constantly.

What's On makes it easy to know what is on TV.

iRugz is a rug marketplace. Great app if you are in the market for a new rug. It shows vendors, prices, pics ect.

Weber's "On the Grill" is a great app if you grill a lot. Well designed and written, with plenty of pics. It also has nice attention to detail. If an instruction says something like "grill for 9 mins" then it will be a link, and if you select it, it start a timer for that amount of time.

Fotopedia has an app simply called "North Korea" thats a collection of pictures from NK. It's nice to look at.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads