• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep....I call it it flippy floppy.....

I've only used shoe cream but may pick up some polish as recommended.....it might bring back a bit of a shine.
"Once a fortnight use polish for weatherproofing"
View attachment 1509720
How do you find it though? You seem to wear yours a lot. Any concerns about durability? Frankly, I think mine will only be used in a city setting with some walks outside so should be fine.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post but these came too. Had green eye lets changed to brass with speed hooks by Paul at Shoe Healer. Top job on these and decided to jazz up the laces too.. have a tan pair for a more sedate look.
View attachment 1508967
I'm going to Shoehealer tomorrow for Topys and toe plates on a couple of pairs of shoes. How much did it cost to have the speedhooks added? - I've got a couple of pairs of boots that get less wear because they are a PITA to lace without speedhooks.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
How do you find it though? You seem to wear yours a lot. Any concerns about durability? Frankly, I think mine will only be used in a city setting with some walks outside so should be fine.
The Sheene are on a13187 last and as I've no other boot with that last to compare and the fact the upper leather is so malleable it has been a somewhat love hate relation as I can't decide if I'm happy with the fit or not. They look neat but I prefer a stiffer leather and in terms of durability they are probably less prone to showing wear and tear than traditional finished calf.

Webbo

Reaction score
Thinking of a boot to really abuse this winter in the mud, rain and snow and my eyes turn to the Grassmere in Zug. I think its between these and the Pennine 2 from Cheaney which seem very similar but a touch cheaper. Does anyone have experience with one or the other (perhaps both?). Talk me into them :rolleyes: Also how is the sizing? I am a solid 10 on the 4444. Thanks

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bourton's back in action.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cold and grey day and was on my feet for three hours pushing a stroller but hey, at least the shoes are breaking in nicely. Colour variation starting to appear post usage ( The caf'e stows starting to show hints of brown ) and two polishes so should be interesting to see where I get to post winter....

Attachments

• IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    498.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    509.5 KB · Views: 56

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Thinking of a boot to really abuse this winter in the mud, rain and snow and my eyes turn to the Grassmere in Zug. I think its between these and the Pennine 2 from Cheaney which seem very similar but a touch cheaper. Does anyone have experience with one or the other (perhaps both?). Talk me into them :rolleyes: Also how is the sizing? I am a solid 10 on the 4444. Thanks

While you're waiting on a response... a 3rd candidate might be the Hoggs of Fife Rannoch made by Cheaney.
All three should handle inclement weather, the Rannoch looks bit more robust than the Grassmere and should have a similar generous fitting...the Pennine from what I have garnered is slightly narrower.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While you're waiting on a response... a 3rd candidate might be the Hoggs of Fife Rannoch made by Cheaney.
All three should handle inclement weather, the Rannoch looks bit more robust than the Grassmere and should have a similar generous fitting...the Pennine from what I have garnered is slightly narrower.

Damn that is a fine pair of shoes! Why did I ever join this forum, I wonder. Gonna end up broke, but with fine footwear....

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Can‘t seem to access the Trickers Outlet. anyone else have this issue?

Make sure you haven't bookmarked the "Samples" on the Outlet as that is gone until next time.
Outlet itself should be fine..slim pickins though.
You are correct "ROW" rest of world is not available???:confused:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads