• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I expected some scratches actually but not this bad. The shoes have line scratches here and there but this one tops it all... i just hope they'll allow me to have this exchanged for a better pair...
I read ‘once they’re gone, they’re gone’. It would be unlikely they would have a replacement for you. What size are they? I am assuming you got these at a reduced price and you were gambling with the kudo leather. Personally, if they can’t be replaced, I would try to get a cheeky 10/20% refund and polish the babies up (it’ll soon look fine) or send them back for a full refund. Best wishes. :)

peeeeeejay

Reaction score
I read ‘once they’re gone, they’re gone’. It would be unlikely they would have a replacement for you. What size are they? I am assuming you got these at a reduced price and you were gambling with the kudo leather. Personally, if they can’t be replaced, I would try to get a cheeky 10/20% refund and polish the babies up (it’ll soon look fine) or send them back for a full refund. Best wishes. :)

yeah, i believe they have limited stock for these kudu leather... getting an additional discount is a good idea. Thanks for the advice! :)

biglmbass

Reaction score
peeeeeejay,

They hardly reply or they simply haven't replied yet? I contacted them via email a few months back about a pair of damaged cap toes that I'd gotten from End. It took nearly 2 weeks but they finally got back to me

Regarding the Kudu. Due to recent sales & careful shopping I got all 3 colors & none of mine have scars or blemishes in the leather that look that bad.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
That’s worst on my Grasmere

image.jpg

peeeeeejay

Reaction score
peeeeeejay,

They hardly reply or they simply haven't replied yet? I contacted them via email a few months back about a pair of damaged cap toes that I'd gotten from End. It took nearly 2 weeks but they finally got back to me

Regarding the Kudu. Due to recent sales & careful shopping I got all 3 colors & none of mine have scars or blemishes in the leather that look that bad.

They just emailed me once asking for details pictures of the damage. I sent them the images but have not gotten any reply since that. It's been around 5 days already. Oh 2 weeks? That's a bit long, i guess i'll just have to wait then. Thanks!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Received a damaged Leo in caramel kudu. I already contacted customer service about this but they hardly reply. Sending this back to UK would likely cost me shipping of 30-40usd.

View attachment 902420

More like $50-60.
I bought a pair of women's Tricker's shoes for my wife and they didn't fit.
It was $50 or so to send via first class mail and $61 to send priority.

peeeeeejay

Reaction score
More like $50-60.
I bought a pair of women's Tricker's shoes for my wife and they didn't fit.
It was $50 or so to send via first class mail and $61 to send priority.

Yikes, that's expensive. I guess returning won't be an option for me anymore.

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
Looks like the Kudu is a little bit hit or miss.

Some of those deep scuffs are a little drastic. I'm all for building a patina/wear marks but if I had created a mark that deepwhile wearing them, I'd be a bit gutted.

They were discounted though. I'm interested to see how Tricker's plays this.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought two pairs of Kudu this season.
A pair of polo Grassmeres are perfect. No marks or scars, just the interesting texture to the leather.
Then I got a pair of caramel Bourtons. This one scar kind of bugs me but not enough to return or anything. I guess I got off lucky.
2018-01-04_14-51-21_257.jpeg

grizzlygiant

Reaction score
All those marks/scratches are very common kudu characteristics. I've also seen some pretty terrible flaking like that with kudu leather which isn't great and probably shouldn't be sold but it's definitely not out of the norm. In terms of all the scratches/scarring, it 100% should be expected and enjoyed with kudu as that's one of the traits that makes it such an unique leather. Definitely could have been disclosed a bit better though.

steckles

Reaction score
Just got my Stows in Caramel Kudu, and the right boot has a prominent "kudu scratch" on the outer toe cap. It seems like this is par for the course with kudu leather, but don't know whether it stands out that little bit too much. I really like the boots otherwise, and I'm still not sure whether the scratch bothers me or not. Opinions?

IMG_7857.jpg

steckles

Reaction score
I bought two pairs of Kudu this season.
A pair of polo Grassmeres are perfect. No marks or scars, just the interesting texture to the leather.
Then I got a pair of caramel Bourtons. This one scar kind of bugs me but not enough to return or anything. I guess I got off lucky.
View attachment 902653

I actually kinda like that mark, looks very "battle scarred" and authentic. It's subjective though. Mine has a scratch that I'm not sure about too.

rose city mike

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying my Kudu Leos. I think the leather works well with this model. Mine are also in the sign color which may make a difference. I think the scars enhance the boot.

peeeeeejay

Reaction score
Just got my Stows in Caramel Kudu, and the right boot has a prominent "kudu scratch" on the outer toe cap. It seems like this is par for the course with kudu leather, but don't know whether it stands out that little bit too much. I really like the boots otherwise, and I'm still not sure whether the scratch bothers me or not. Opinions?

View attachment 902802

That one looks a lot better compared to mine :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads