• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Exhibit A! Right shoe is Moccasin, left Marron antique.
CD1BB681-C9C2-4283-802C-46F05643239A.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's clear that's not their strong point
Which isn't? Scotch grain or the web site? :p

No but it surprised me because surely the template for their main site works just fine. Anyway.....it helps because prevents me from ordering more stuff I don't really need. :)

Does anyone on here have experience with any of the brighter scotch grains? I'm tempted to pick one up just to experiment and see if I can darken the colour through use and leather cream and so on.....

leparrain7

Reaction score
The Robert in Burgundy would have been nice but it's in Bookbinder , a no no * and the lightly narrower 2298 last which I could live with.

* ....bookbinder really an acrylic finish with no chance of aging ........too bad?? : (
View attachment 1501030
welcome to the club of the disappointed not to be able to take these Robert because of this leather Bookbinder ?
otherwise there is the brown museum but it may be difficult to maintain?
The Robert in Burgundy would have been nice but it's in Bookbinder , a no no * and the lightly narrower 2298 last which I could live with.

* ....bookbinder really an acrylic finish with no chance of aging ........too bad?? : (
View attachment 1501030
Exhibit A! Right shoe is Moccasin, left Marron antique.
View attachment 1501044
I prefer the darker antique brown
Which isn't? Scotch grain or the web site? :p

No but it surprised me because surely the template for their main site works just fine. Anyway.....it helps because prevents me from ordering more stuff I don't really need. :)

Does anyone on here have experience with any of the brighter scotch grains? I'm tempted to pick one up just to experiment and see if I can darken the colour through use and leather cream and so on.....
sorry I was talking about their website ?

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
welcome to the club of the disappointed not to be able to take these Robert because of this leather Bookbinder ?
otherwise there is the brown museum but it may be difficult to maintain?
I'm a big fan of museum, don't own any Tricker's museum calf but from other makers and it's not that hard to maintain for me.

leparrain7

Reaction score
Museum leather you just have to be careful not to remove the finish.
I'm a big fan of museum, don't own any Tricker's museum calf but from other makers and it's not that hard to maintain for me.
thanks for your answers. ??
I was referring to the shoe polish cream that you should choose what kind of color? or was the universal cream sufficient?
otherwise there is only 8.5, whereas in w2298 I have the Axtons in very comfortable 9, can I go down on the Robert?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks for your answers. ??
I was referring to the shoe polish cream that you should choose what kind of color? or was the universal cream sufficient?
otherwise there is only 8.5, whereas in w2298 I have the Axtons in very comfortable 9, can I go down on the Robert?
I usually use the shoe cream closer to the color of the shoe. Since I use very little amounts, they don't change color.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any insight into a fit comparison of the Trickers 4497s vs the Edward Green 64 last? Those bloody Galways in Rosewood Country calf are screaming my name.......

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
That's the Itshide sole? It will last forever; my green Tricker's Stows that I bought years ago have more life in the heels than any other pair I've had. My Dainite pairs last a season until I have to re-heel them.
It is mate. Not sure on colour combo as yet..

my original idea was ridgeway or double leather, will see how they go...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads