• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the market for a trench style 3/4 coat? Tagged large, feels like a 44" chest or more, haven't measured yet. Throwing feelers out!

67d27b6f-d757-4d5f-991d-884be61c32b3-jpeg.926540

f6c789ea-e92f-47a8-b6e1-190576959da4-jpeg.926541

Ben Stone

Reaction score
I am interested depending on the chest size. I wear a 44 Beaufort for reference.
Purplelabel said:
Anyone in the market for a trench style 3/4 coat? Tagged large, feels like a 44" chest or more, haven't measured yet. Throwing feelers out!

67d27b6f-d757-4d5f-991d-884be61c32b3-jpeg.926540

f6c789ea-e92f-47a8-b6e1-190576959da4-jpeg.926541

Kamil1987

Reaction score
Anyone in the market

Hi Purplelabel, I have question off topic.

Today I came across very interesting jacket in US Barbour Outlet. The jacket was named "Transport" it was short, sage jacket, importantly Made in England. Can you tell me if this is popular model in UK ? They could not find my size in any other outlet or full price store in US. They had only medium which was too small. Do you maybe have any recommendation where to look for it ?

Thanks !

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Purplelabel, I have question off topic.

Today I came across very interesting jacket in US Barbour Outlet. The jacket was named "Transport" it was short, sage jacket, importantly Made in England. Can you tell me if this is popular model in UK ? They could not find my size in any other outlet or full price store in US. They had only medium which was too small. Do you maybe have any recommendation where to look for it ?

Thanks !

Not really, you’ll see the Beaufort or Bedale most over here. Not many proper Barbour fans wear those “lifestyle” jackets in England.

Discontinued I believe and sold out here. Look on eBay every now and again!

Kamil1987

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a navy Bristol....any good sales out there currently?

I was in Barbour outlet yesterday, they don't have it on sale yet, because it's one of their newest models. I would look for Ashby as well since I don't see much of a difference between them.

evolved

Reaction score
Not really, you’ll see the Beaufort or Bedale most over here. Not many proper Barbour fans wear those “lifestyle” jackets in England.

Discontinued I believe and sold out here. Look on eBay every now and again!

I've tried on the classics and they are just too baggy for my build. The Bristol is just a slimmer bedale from my understanding anyhow .

Kamil1987

Reaction score
I've tried on the classics and they are just too baggy for my build. The Bristol is just a slimmer bedale from my understanding anyhow .

Ashby is referred to be a slimmer Bedale and Bristol is referred to be a slimmer Beaufort. For me they are almost identical jackets. Just try Ashby if you haven't so far. You will not be disappointed and there are deals on it.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic Beaufort.
2d05c8af-16c6-4eac-a429-dabbe21add6b-jpeg.929967

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the ashby came out with a new color "bark"

i still wish the more green sage would come out in ashby.

groundkontrol

Reaction score
I just got a hood for my Ashby. Is it as simple as just snapping in the 4 snaps? What about the color? It honestly looks pretty ridiculous with the collar and the hood. The collar flips up whenever the hood is on.

What are the other snaps for and that little fabric flap that's snapped on the jacket as well?

file.jpeg

Kamil1987

Reaction score
I just got a hood for my Ashby. Is it as simple as just snapping in the 4 snaps? What about the color? It honestly looks pretty ridiculous with the collar and the hood. The collar flips up whenever the hood is on.

What are the other snaps for and that little fabric flap that's snapped on the jacket as well?

Yep, simple as that. The collar flips up when you raise the hood to protect your neck. The additional piece of fabric is to connect both pieces of collar together.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads