• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Caduceus 80

Reaction score
I recently picked up the Shordace in size small and the measurements are: PTP 21.75 inches, Shoulder 17.5 inches, Back 28.75 inches, Shoulder to cuff 25.5 inches, and armpit to cuff 20.5 inches. I wear a size 36 in the Bedale and the Shordace fits a bit slimmer through the chest due to the high armpits. My height is 5'8" and weight is 168 pounds with a 30 inch waist.

I was really worried about the fitting of the Shortace, but once it arrived and I tried it on, the fit was perfect.

tonkotsu

Reaction score
Just received my Barney's order of the Barbour Barra in a size Large. It's a great piece but a tad too big. Would anyone be willing to trade for a Medium?

Last edited:

jhwendland

Reaction score
Never posted in SWD before.

Tried on the Beaufort yesterday—tried one size down from my suit/jacket sizing. Worked great, except the sleeves! I'm thinking maybe I want the Border jacket instead, not just for the longer sleeves (it has longer sleeves, right? lol), but also slightly longer length to cover over my tweed jackets, etc. if I decide to wear it with sport coats.

Looking sharp.

catchingsalmon

Reaction score
I've got the Commander, and it's not as fitted as that, but more like the Military jacket from last year.

Im trying to hunt down a Barbour Cassells in large.

Last edited:

M McB

Reaction score
Love the slim fit of the Barbour Cassells, not sure where it is available. Maybe try googling (or other search engining) it?

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got both of my Ashbys today. Love the fit and the coat. Compared to my SL Bedale. I didn't take measurements, just compared the fits. The Ashby is such a better fit. Looks more trim and doesn't have ridiculously high armholes. On top of that the armholes look as high. Also has a thinner wale collar which looks better. Wish they'd do a few new colors in the Ashby. And on a side note Barbour needs to get the snaps on the outside of the pocket of the Bristol and I'll buy some. Not that I need another coat much less a Barbour.

poena

Reaction score
If I have a bedale now is it worth looking into changing it out for an Ashby? from what I gather they are essentially the same jacket just that the ashby is slimmer?

Amanda NYCParis

Reaction score
Ashville Solutions is fake. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. They will send you something else, then say that it was a mistake, and because it it so hard to exchange, why don't you just buy something else from them with a discount and keep the other one!
you've got to be kidding me. They should be shut down.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy my Barbour jacket pictured in my sig below!

catchingsalmon

Reaction score
I seen this today and it is awesome, it's a tweed sports jacket, same design as the Commander

Last edited:

fullycaffed

Reaction score
found my first Barbour jacket today and it set me back $6.99 not a bad thrift store find!
It seems like a good fit for me, i guess this style is supposed to fit a bit loose?

not really sure about the belt either but if i leave it undone there's a wire that makes it awkwardly stick out. should i just take it off if i don't want to fasten it, or fasten it behind my back?

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
found my first Barbour jacket today and it set me back $6.99 not a bad thrift store find!
It seems like a good fit for me, i guess this style is supposed to fit a bit loose?

not really sure about the belt either but if i leave it undone there's a wire that makes it awkwardly stick out. should i just take it off if i don't want to fasten it, or fasten it behind my back?

Don't look so mad, that's a once in a life time bargain, and a great fit. Enjoy that bad boy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads