• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I buy a new one? Here in Chile the barbour ones cost 450USD.

ACT:
Ah, I saw you put the link, thanks!

So it was a bad buy :(?
Hard to evaluate with just a few pictures. After receiving your purchase, you will tell us if you think that the price paid was worth it, and this depends on your expectations.

I am not a fan of secondhand purchases, but sometimes it can work: you will tell us. Anyhow, as I mentioned before, I recommend a thoughtful sponge cleaning and a fresh coat of wax before using it.

Mr Clumsy

Reaction score
To add. Getting a good deal is always great but if you were happy before try not to let it sour your new coat vibes. If you can’t live with that be happy that you can probably get your money back selling it on and getting a new one. They are a brand that tend to hood their value exceptionally well.

it’s a cliche term but as a brand their kind of an investment piece.

eta. You wanted a barbour. You got one. It looks ok from the pics and less then a new one. You’re in the game. Wax it and wait for rain. Enjoy

Last edited:

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I buy a new one? Here in Chile the barbour ones cost 450USD.

ACT:
Ah, I saw you put the link, thanks!

So it was a bad buy :(?

The jacket is fine. Don’t worry about wrinkles, they’ll come out as you wear the jacket. Barbour jackets are not meant to be treated with kid gloves. Wear it and enjoy it. That’s all.

Lol1000

Reaction score
Is there any summary of the Barbour tartans? I am curious to learn, which tartan was produced in which year, or during what period. I bought a few Barbours on Ebay and cannot tell how old they are, could 10 years, could be 20 years, awesome patina, no damages, but not the current tartans.

sandmountain

Reaction score

Obviously, it’s a little pricey for what it is (perhaps), but I’m liking the look of these Noah x Barbour Beadle jackets in 60/40 cloth. Anyone know if Barbour has done something in this fabric before?

sandmountain

Reaction score
Speaking of pricey collaborations, did anyone here pick up anything from the Margaret Howell x Barbour collections? The only one they’re still selling is the Endurance Jacket in Ventile. I believe Barbour used to make a jacket like this in the same fabric in the past, but that it got discontinued because it wasn’t affordable enough to make something in Ventile?

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had their Barbour beacon sleeves shortened by Barbour? I am thinking about sending it out to them and having the sleeves shorten about 2 inches. Would cost at 95$ total

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And you, do you prefer the bedale in navy, sage or olive? Now I saw that they make a brown one.

I just got my rustic brown Bedale today, and I love it. It now hangs along side my green Beaufort and my blue Ashby. :inlove:

Edit: I’m trying to catch up with PurpleLabel. :cool:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got my rustic brown Bedale today, and I love it. It now hangs along side my green Beaufort and my blue Ashby. :inlove:

Edit: I’m trying to catch up with PurpleLabel. :cool:

Keep up

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FF99760B-CC28-4057-A039-986A6F9F5574.jpeg

adamyoung90

Reaction score
Didn’t realize how sought after Barbour was outside of the UK. Their factory outlet is near my hometown. If anybody ever visits North East of England, be sure to check out the outlet for some great deals.
J Barbour And Sons Ltd, South Shields, Jarrow NE32 3HL, United Kingdom

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic Beaufort.

E943D82C-7D12-4958-B747-FE6E308BB567.jpeg
A1C31E11-15C1-449C-B563-695FCAD7D957.jpeg
4018EF9C-6C4E-4A7F-8A57-8EF00AA8ADBB.jpeg
41B7C821-19D6-424D-8D54-F91E6359741D.jpeg
2B84639A-77A3-4C95-B94B-E28ECBCAE89B.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads