• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a brown bedale. I like it. My others are shades of green or navy.

I just got one this week too, but unfortunately it's a bit too big, so back to the store to size down. Looks lovely though. I saw a fella in the park a couple of weeks ago and instantly wanted one too. Still don't know how to explain to the missus why I needed a third barbour jacket. :/

Mr Clumsy

Reaction score
Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission lol.

Funnily enough I was thinking of trying a smaller one on today and selling mine on. If it’s really cold and I need to put a jumper on I tend to wear my border or Northumbria. The bedales and beauforts get used for milder days.

Mr Clumsy

Reaction score
Tbf most barbours look pretty much the same. I’m sure you could sneak it in without being noticed. Haha.

today has been a mixed bag. House of Fraser didn’t have any bedales or beauforts in pretty much just Ashby’s. Will have to take a trip further afield. Positives my tailor had a spare 30 mins today and shortened the sleeves on my tokito. Took the suede ends off took and inch off the sleeves and put them back on for £12. Can see this coat getting a lot more wear now.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got one this week too, but unfortunately it's a bit too big, so back to the store to size down. Looks lovely though. I saw a fella in the park a couple of weeks ago and instantly wanted one too. Still don't know how to explain to the missus why I needed a third barbour jacket. :/

I've had over 30 at one point... I've culled a few.

Tseg

Reaction score
I have a Bedale and a Beaufort, both a size 40. I'm 6' tall but with shorter legs, in the big scheme of things. My Beaufort is vintage and seems a bit more trim and has shorter arms. For me, I prefer the Bedale in multiple ways, and use the Beaufort when doing around the house physical labor.

Mr Clumsy

Reaction score
I have a Bedale and a Beaufort, both a size 40. I'm 6' tall but with shorter legs, in the big scheme of things. My Beaufort is vintage and seems a bit more trim and has shorter arms. For me, I prefer the Bedale in multiple ways, and use the Beaufort when doing around the house physical labor.

in my experience the vintage ones are definitely trimmer. I’ve just sold two. Fit wise perfect but had holes galore. I know it’s a thing to have a tatty old barbour but I can’t believe the price I got for them. Any other brand and they would be destined for the tip. One mans rubbish another mans treasure as they say.

Kevin24

Reaction score
I am getting my Beaufort which I bought in 2015, repaired and waxed for the season.

Barbour quoted me $205 to repair my jacket, as there are several small holes in the lining and elsewhere. While two large patches are required for the sleeves.

$205 seems a bit rich to me? Is there a cheaper,reliable, and effective alternative repair service out there?

MarkieMark

Reaction score
I am getting my Beaufort which I bought in 2015, repaired and waxed for the season.

Barbour quoted me $205 to repair my jacket, as there are several small holes in the lining and elsewhere. While two large patches are required for the sleeves.

$205 seems a bit rich to me? Is there a cheaper,reliable, and effective alternative repair service out there?

Try Mallin & Son. A UK based firm up in Yorkshire. Not sure of pricing, but worth getting in touch with.

www.mallinandson.com

Mr Clumsy

Reaction score
Are they replacing a panel or putting patches over a hole? I’d be inclined to take it to a tailor if it’s the latter. Or sell it on and put the proceeds to a new one.

Kevin24

Reaction score
Are they replacing a panel or putting patches over a hole? I’d be inclined to take it to a tailor if it’s the latter. Or sell it on and put the proceeds to a new one.

Yes, they are, apparently, two large patches are needed for the arms. While some smaller holes also will be worked on.

The cost also includes rewaxing and shipping.

Mr Clumsy

Reaction score
Fair enough. Personally unless it had sentimental value or you like the look of a patched up one and assuming you’re “happy” to pay that price I’d sell it on eBay and put the cost to a new one. Not sure what they cost stateside but assuming pounds to dollars they can’t be much more than 200/250 new.

that being said I do like the ones that have different colour/shade panels. Prince Charles has a jacket (possibly John partridge) that’s been repaired more than triggers broom. That looks pretty cool. They’re so beyond what a normal one looks like it’s like a whole new bespoke design.

assuming you don’t care for my opinion lol shipping an hour or two waxing a coat and a few hours repairing doesn’t seem too bad in the scheme of things.

Do they go back to the U.K. or is there a factory that does them stateside?

Franco Ocarez

Reaction score
I bought this Barbour Beaufort jacket in olive green on eBay, I paid $100 plus $36 for shipping to Chile. It's my first jacket and I hope I got the size right, is the price right for it or should I have bought a new one? Do you know what year it might be? The label looks a bit empty to me, unlike others, could it be a fake?

Also, how could I iron it when I get my hands on it?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 93
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 96
  • s-l1600-6.jpg
    s-l1600-6.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 90
  • s-l1600-7.jpg
    s-l1600-7.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 210
  • s-l1600-8.jpg
    s-l1600-8.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 247

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought this Barbour Beaufort jacket in olive green on eBay, I paid $100 plus $36 for shipping to Chile. It's my first jacket and I hope I got the size right, is the price right for it or should I have bought a new one? Do you know what year it might be? The label looks a bit empty to me, unlike others, could it be a fake?

Also, how could I iron it when I get my hands on it?
A new one would cost you £161.63 + £21.14 for shipping to Chile + any customs duties and taxes that you have to pay in your country. It's after you to value if a new one would have been a better purchase.

Forget about ironing this kind of jacket as it would melt the wax and destroy its purpose. You would probably have to sponge-clean it before re-waxing, something that you can do with the proper wax, that you might buy separately. You will find plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to do it.

Franco Ocarez

Reaction score
Where can I buy a new one? Here in Chile the barbour ones cost 450USD.

ACT:
Ah, I saw you put the link, thanks!

So it was a bad buy :(?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads