• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NY Importer of Italian Luxury Goods

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Folks:

In the late 90s, before I left and returned to NYC, I went to sample sales twice a year at an importer of Italian luxury goods. I recall they had an office in a small building in the east 50s, about ten floors up. Their quarters had a cleanly modern style.

The goods were knit shirts, sweaters, ties, belts, shoes, some outerwear. Nothing with a superfamous designer name, but first-class goods, luxuriously made in conservative styles, the sort of things that would become the house brand at Bergdorf's, I imagine. One thing I bought from them was a jacket in glove soft black leather with knit black wool sleeves. But it has no maker's label, and neither does anything I can recall having bought there.

I'd love to go to these sample sales again. Does anyone know the name of this importer?

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Maybe you're thinking of DG Imports? There was a post a while back advertising a sample sale for Incotex, Truzzi, Nicky, and Colombo cashmere amongst other brands. They are located at;

38 W 21 St. (between 5th & 6th Ave.) 7th Fl.
212-582-0042

They may also have (or have had) a location on 55th st.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Timelessrider.

Will investigate in the week to come.

When reorganizing my dresser yesterday, I came across another garment I think I bought at those sales: a blue long sleeve v-neck t-shirt in fine gauge cotton. Brand is Desanto.

Any other leads are welcome.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just called DG.

They were quite nice, and did formerly have a showroom in midtown, but in the west 50s, not the east 50s as I recall.

So I'm still hunting.

DG does have semi-annual sample sales, the next one in April/May, btw. If you call them, you can get on their mailing list.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.