• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Number of Eggs One Should Consume

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Well, that table leaves out calories which is the main concern for most people. It's a somewhat silly concern at times (eating egg whites so that they can have potato chips later), but still a concern for people nonetheless.

I'm of the belief that nutrient dense calories shouldn't really be a concern for most people. I don't think I've ever heard of someone getting fat snacking on just eggs all whole time. It's the nutrient poor foods like potato chips and soda that people seem to not get enough of. In other words, if they ate that egg yolk they'd be less inclined to binge eat in the first place. For me personally, eggs are just really satiating. I can eat like 3 or 4 as a meal and feel full. It's a good way for me to maintain a caloric deficit and not be hungry actually.

Newo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
I'm of the belief that nutrient dense calories shouldn't really be a concern for most people. I don't think I've ever heard of someone getting fat snacking on just eggs all whole time. It's the nutrient poor foods like potato chips and soda that people seem to not get enough of. In other words, if they ate that egg yolk they'd be less inclined to binge eat in the first place. For me personally, eggs are just really satiating. I can eat like 3 or 4 as a meal and feel full. It's a good way for me to maintain a caloric deficit and not be hungry actually.

^ This.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never done scrambled eggs the way Ramsay did them in that video. Gonna give it a try tomorrow morning. And god I can't wait to start cooking school. ^_^ It'll be so cool to have a chef point out everything I do wrong.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't stand boiled egg yolks, but I'll choke them down if boiled eggs are breakfast. For snacks, I'll just eat the whites.

Otherwise, bring on the yolk.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I've never done scrambled eggs the way Ramsay did them in that video. Gonna give it a try tomorrow morning. And god I can't wait to start cooking school. ^_^ It'll be so cool to have a chef point out everything I do wrong.
They're really nice that way. Tasty. Too bad you can't easily get Creme Fraiche in the US.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was a lad, I ate 4 dozen eggs every monring to help me get large.
And now that I'm grown, I eat 5 dozen eggs... so I'm roughly the size of a barge!!!!!

(someone had to say it)
I don't really count'em. i eat them when I want 'em. :p

Alot of people also swear that farm raised/fresh eggs/farmer's market eggs taste way better.

Also, there's one restaurant in NY which makes scrambled eggs unlike any other place in the world. I've tried and tried and have not been able to replicate the juicy texture and taste they make it with, nor have visiting alot of different breakfast places/restaurants help. Nobody even comes close. I need to sneak into their kitchen with a spycam.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
I don't think I've ever heard of someone getting fat snacking on just eggs all whole time.

Funny how much weight I lost when I stopped eating 4 eggs at a time. Low cost and "the protein craze" can lead to some bad diet decisions. The "eat all the eggs you want" advice isn't for everyone.

Doctor told me to stop eating yolks since my HDL was low and triglycerides were high.... but he also said calories count and nothing else really matters. Bloodwork has improved since then.

SuperSaiyan3

Reaction score
I ate 4 eggs today and felt like puking from the excess egg.

But I'm trying to get bigger and I hear that eating a lot of eggs just jacks you up super fast...

No pain, no gain!!!!!!!

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do my best to eat 5 eggs and a glass of milk every breakfast. This is while cutting. Sometimes I'll eat 10 in a day but not often. On weekends I usually don't eat eggs though unless I'm at home.
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan3
I ate 4 eggs today and felt like puking from the excess egg. But I'm trying to get bigger and I hear that eating a lot of eggs just jacks you up super fast... No pain, no gain!!!!!!!
Drink a gallon of milk every day.

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
Funny how much weight I lost when I stopped eating 4 eggs at a time. Low cost and "the protein craze" can lead to some bad diet decisions. The "eat all the eggs you want" advice isn't for everyone.

Doctor told me to stop eating yolks since my HDL was low and triglycerides were high.... but he also said calories count and nothing else really matters. Bloodwork has improved since then.

Odd considering eating eggs should've really increased your HDL. In any case, congrats. I'm sure you successfully isolated eggs as the sole change in your diet and behavior in that time period. 320 calories is indeed a difference. Next time try cutting out 320 calories in sugar and see how it goes.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had six scrambled eggs with Tabasco, five sausage links and a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter, washed down with a cold Blue Light. The dinner of champion bachelors everywhere, and at 11:30 PM no less.

AB01

Reaction score
Eggs are a great midnight snack, or in my case 2am

Just had 3 eggs with black pepper (since seeing it on Twitter) and Tabasco.
I buy 18 at a time from Metro.

I should really eat more, but they just don't seem to cook fast enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads