• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie jeans for $1

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
LMAO.

Here's my message to him:
Don't be a jerk. You sold these to some other guy for $1 with a $99 shipping fee to compensate, which is against Ebay's rules. When he listed his destination as Canada, Ebay automatically calculated shipping as $26, as it rightfully should have done. You need to either send him the jeans or refund his money TODAY.

And his response:
FIRST OF ALL YOU NEED TO MIND YOUR ******* BUSINESS , YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ME AND THE BUYER AGREED TOO AND SECOND OF ALL WHO THE **** ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO. WHY DONT YO GO HANG YOUR SELF AND DIE SLOW ***** !!

Good luck getting your money back...

Wow I can literally hear the music from Deliverance play while reading that.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Benson
Guys, I don't need you to fight my battles by sending seller messages. Thanks anyway.
Yeah, sorry about that. I realized after the fact that you probably didn't need that. Let us know what happens, though.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Would be fun and I would be all in on it, but it looks like he want's us to stay out of it.
Ya, the post re, not needing to fight battles for him was not posted when I started my reply. But, the OP did post a pretty simple situation as a problem. I mean, there are not too many outcomes. 1. Get money back, 2. Get jeans for a buck (not likely), 3. Get stiffed and complain to ebay/paypal, 4. Sue- file and serve (not likely). So I mean, come on.

noel_esq.

Reaction score
Just file a claim with Paypal, you'll get your money back for sure, the buyer always wins.

Chris Benson

Reaction score
Thanks I got my money back from the seller. I just didn't want anyone to be sending the seller e-mails on my behalf trying to fight my battles. All that would do is hurt my cause if he didn't return the money or sell the jeans at the listed price.

Chris Benson

Reaction score
Contacted the seller one last time to let him know the jig was up. Sent the following message to the seller

You listed the jeans for $1.00 and wanted to charge $99 shipping and handling so that you could circumvent the e-bay fees associated with selling an item for $100. However you screwed up, by not taking into account that people from other countries can bid. Their shipping and handling is automatically calculated by e-bay and you forgot to adjust the shipping and handling for each country.

From what I understand, as a seller you can not legally just decide that you don't want to sell the item because you didn't get the price you wanted. We formed a legally bidding contract that I agreed to under your terms. You tried to play the system in your favour and it blew up in your face and this is not my problem.

-Listing excessive shipping and handling is against e-bay's policy
-Refusing or cancelling the auction after it has ended is against e-bay's policy
-Asking that I pay for extra fees outside an e-bay auction is against e-bay's policy
-Trying to circumvent e-bay's fee by doing some underhand dealings is against e-bay's policy

I have contacted e-bay regarding this auctions and they will be invesgating it further.

Sorry, it had to be this way but you did it to yourself.

He send a message back, but because there might be under age kids on this forum. I won't bother posting it. Needless to say there were a few f-sharps and other four letter words used.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It says Private Auction right in the description. That means you weren't supposed to bid on this auction - he made previous arrangements with one specific person to sell the jeans for $100 shipped, and tried to save on Ebay fees w/ the low BIN and high shipping.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I did not really know what that private auction stuff was about. I have heard of it, but thought it was a ebay interface that was truly private, not just saying it is. It did not say do not bid if you are not Sam. It said do not bid unless you agree to the terms.

And, please post reply, edited if you choose.

masterllama

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
It says Private Auction right in the description. That means you weren't supposed to bid on this auction - he made previous arrangements with one specific person to sell the jeans for $100 shipped, and tried to save on Ebay fees w/ the low BIN and high shipping.

thats not what private auction means...

this guy was setting a scam and screwed himself over and got what he deserved.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
Except a private auction is a setting (ie if you aren't authorized by the seller you CANNOT bid and it doesn't show up on the search page). Just because he wrote that in the description means ****. If he wanted to do a direct person-to-person sale, he could easily have just told the person to paypal him the money and send it off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads