Nudie jeans for $1

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Chris Benson, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Senior member

I know this isn't the best place for this but I was hoping that you guys might be able to help.

Yesterday while cruising e-bay I came across a pair of Nudie Jeans in my size that had a starting bid of $0.01 and the Buy it Now option of $1.00 with $26 shipping. I of course quickly took the Buy it Now option and sent payment through Paypal after the auction

FYI The seller had 90+ positive feedbacks and has a bunch of other clothes up for sale.

The seller contacted me today to let me know that I still owe him/her $100+ for the nudie jeans.

I thought that the seller had probably mispriced the auction, but the problem is that I already send the $27 as payment through paypal.

I'm wondering what I should do about this?

Thanks!

2. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Tell him/her to refund your money because you thought the price was $1 plus shipping.

3. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

The seller is obligated to sell you the jeans at exactly what the auction ended at. If they do not you can report them and eBay will do the rest.
    This is no way your fault, the buyer listed it at the wrong price and never noticed at any point that it's being sold at a really low price, they should follow through and sell you the jeans at the price they sold for.

Also, special flower.

4. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

5. Doin' Fine.

Doin' Fine. Senior member

Damn man, you REALLY like Nudies.

6. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

link to the auction?

7. Hany

Hany Senior member

If it was a honest mistake let it be. If you really want the jeans you should pay the real price. If you thought that you were getting $126 jeans (on discount) for $27 you need a wake up call anyways lol

8. Matt

Matt [email protected]

yup, i would write back and let them know that u had a buy it now of a dollar, include a screenshot etc

he will prob argue back that obviously it's not a dollar etc etc etc....cant sell them to you for that price. Maybe buried in the fine print somewhere is his 'its actually a hundred' note...he may put it like that to cut his ebay fees.

Either way, then report it to eBay, who will either do nothing or take action against his account, but there is nothing they can physically do to make him send the jeans, so I suspect the best you can hope for is your 27 bucks back, less paypal fees.

9. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

sooo... many stupid threads started by OP.

10. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Senior member

Thanks for the replies guys, It wasn't a matter that I thought they were listed for $1. They were listed for a $1.

Any of you ever had to deal with this kind of stuff before?

11. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

If it was a honest mistake let it be. If you really want the jeans you should pay the real price. If you thought that you were getting $126 jeans (on discount) for $27 you need a wake up call anyways lol

Wrong.

It was the mistake of the seller, not the buyer. Kiyahit it dead on. It's up
    to eBay, but the buyer should get his money back.

The problem with the above post is that it becomes a slippery slope. What prevents other sellers from just saying every buying price is too low? I guess wanting to sell the item, obviously, but I think it's a dangerous precedent to set.

It was a mistake, but the seller sure didn't make one when charging 26 bucks for shipping a pair of jeans. He was obviously trying to make even more money there. Hard to feel bad for a guy that is taking advantage of the system

12. noel_esq.

noel_esq. Senior member

13. Listi

Listi Senior member

You should definitely get them for the price they were listed at, it's their fault not yours.

But if the seller is an asshole he might be a dick about it (delay sending, damage the item, etc.) and you might be best just getting your money back. Could end up being more trouble than it's worth.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah, they are definitely obligated to sell them to you, but you can't force them to do so. This could be an honest mistake, but it could also be a scam. Rope someone into a purchase with a 'mistake' to get them to pay the price you really want. That's a serious screw up ont he seller's part, and the numbers don't make any sense at all.

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

another call for a link to the auction