1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nudie jeans for $1

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Chris Benson, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

10x your money back? That's a guarantee..ten bucks back!

Exactly[​IMG]

2. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Senior member

Here is the link to the auction,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250544893942

I live in Canada so the cost of shipping is more. $26 is a reasonable amount to pay. I have no idea where you guys are getting $99 shipping from. My screen under the item details it lists the following;

Under the Item Title it has the seller's user name and "paid on Dec 7/09 via paypal" Item price $1.00

Under shipping and Handling

"USPS Priority Mail International US $26.00"

No where on my screen does it say anything about shipping being $99 unless it was added after the fact.

3. noel_esq.

noel_esq. Senior member

Well it definitely says "$99" shipping.

4. riraito

riraito Senior member

5. Hany

Hany Senior member

6. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Yeah at this point, I would get back my money.

7. Hany

Hany Senior member

Well it definitely says "$99" shipping.
    Change the shipping location to Canada and $26 will show up [​IMG]

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

Change the shipping location to Canada and $26 will show up [​IMG]
    So the idiot added a huge s&h fee to compensate for the low list price (which is a violation of ebay's rules) but forgot that int'l shipping works differently and isn't automatically adjusted? Talk about a stupid seller.

9. Hany

Hany Senior member

Yup stupid indeed. At first I thought he did a mistake but seeing his selling gimmicks and how he relisted them I'd have no mercy for this idiot and report him to eBay.

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

Just sent the dude a message.

11. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

Just sent the dude a message.

Report him to eBay immediately. He screwed up during his attempt to scam you, didn't like How his attempted scam backfired, tried to cheat you out of money, and appears to be trying to keep your money while relisting.

Threaten to report him for fraud--that he never intended to sell the item for the buy it now price. That should scare him enough to at least get your money back

doesn't buy it now pop up with something that says "by clicking buy it now you are entering a binding agreement to purchase this item for this price"? Why isn't that binding or the seller as well?

12. Matt

Matt Senior member

So the idiot added a huge s&h fee to compensate for the low list price (which is a violation of ebay's rules) but forgot that int'l shipping works differently and isn't automatically adjusted? Talk about a stupid seller.
    yup exactly like my guess earlier...so he had stuck a low list price to avoid the eBay fees, cranked the shipping cost so he still makes money. Pretty common scheme, but didn't realise international shipping gets calculated differently. Interesting. No chance whatsoever youre getting these jeans. If you report him to eBay and then to Paypal, they may refund it for you if you dispute it, and Paypal will charge you a 20 fee to do so....so youre screwed. Seven bucks comes back. Best case, you get your 27 back from him if he is scared of being reported and possibly banned. If you report him...he'll just keep your money.
    Report him to eBay immediately. He screwed up during his attempt to scam you
    He wasnt trying to scam the OP, he was trying to scam eBay out of its fees, not the buyer. Had the buyer been in the US, it would have been one buck jeans, 99 buck shipping, and he gets his hundred and pays pennies to eBay for the transaction. Being in Canada put it through the international shipping calculator instead of his flat rate shipping, and it all comes undone there.

13. word

word Senior member

So you saw nudies for a buck and didn't immediately throw up a bunch of red flags?

14. onion

onion Senior member

So the idiot added a huge s&h fee to compensate for the low list price (which is a violation of ebay's rules) but forgot that int'l shipping works differently and isn't automatically adjusted?

Talk about a stupid seller.

[​IMG]

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

If you report him to eBay and then to Paypal, they may refund it for you if you dispute it, and Paypal will charge you a 20 fee to do so....so youre screwed. Seven bucks comes back.

Paypal does not charge a fee for disputes.

16. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

his fault for trying to scam you, he won't give you the jeans. get your money back and neg feedback that bust'a by reporting eBay/paypal.

17. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

dude clearly has a problem with zeros and/or decimal places: "1000% authentic"?

arithmetic fail

18. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

i reported his account to ebay for teh luls

19. Listi

Listi Senior member

Yeah get money back, and after you get money back report him for fraud.

20. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Ebay has tried to really cut down on those ebay sellers awhile back who would sell really low items but outrageous shipping. Reporting that to ebay would be the way to go as well. I know that was one thing ebay wanted to focus on