• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie Conny jacket

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently received my Nudie Conny jacket from context (whose service was great), and was very surprised by the thickness of the denim. I'm not too familiar with denim weights and such, but most other jackets of this type have been a bit thicker. It is almost just like a denim shirt. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it a recent change?

seamless74

Reaction score
yeah i feel ya i scored a conny off of ebay some months back... It is very thin, i oftentimes add some starch especially to the sides to stiffen it up a bit so it wears a lil stiffer.. im thinkin years from now after many more washes it will become something like a shirt im really interested in how it will wear over time.. think of it as a "thinkpiece"

I also think its interesting how the conny is almost too thin to wear over a hoodie u know? you almost have to wear it over a t shirt or thermal or henley to do it justice but i do think its a rather flashy and sexy garment..

gforce

Reaction score
I'm curious about the fit............Did you guys size up one on the black Conny or stay true to size?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I don't think my Connie jacket has any thinner denim than other denim jackets. Unless they changed the material, as I bought mine over 2 years ago.

The fit is really slim and more Euro sized. I have a medium and if it were any more slim I couldnt wear it. So by US standards I sized up, but in reality it's true to size....since I think most US sizing is oversized to begin with

SAM113

Reaction score
I think Klemins is talking about the Dry Black Coated Conny, not the selvage Conny. The DBC Conny is indeed a lighterw eight fabric.
Both are awesome.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeh, I am referring to the dry black. Gforce, I'd say it runs true to size. Slimmer than your average/levis denim jacket, but not too slim. The selvedge may be different, as Get Smart said.

seamless74

Reaction score
im referring to the dry black as well... and it is very thin.. And just for comparison sake i bought a medium and its 20.5 across the chest very slim fitting with a little stretch...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads